Living in a developed country like the USA doesn’t mean that you automatically acquire top-notch online privacy. In fact, a high-tech region like the US necessarily requires you to use tools like a VPN to protect yourself online.
While the US is not as authoritarian as China or Russia, it does spy on its citizens. It is also a member of the 5-Eyes, an alliance of countries that share intelligence information. In addition, a law allows government agencies such as the NSA and FBI to force ISPs to submit their customer’s records.
Furthermore, access to websites such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter is banned in workplaces, schools, and other institutions.
Therefore, a US VPN is the best way to use the internet anonymously and bypass restrictions in America. It enables you to change your location and appear in a different country, evading local online limitations.
Curious to know more about protecting your internet privacy in the USA?
This guide explains why you need a VPN for the USA, the features you need to consider, the best VPNs for the US, and much more.
Short on time? Here is a quick list of top VPNs for America
- ExpressVPN – Top recommended VPN for the USA. Unblocks popular geo-blocked sites, SmartPlay feature, vast global server network, effortless to set up.
- Surfshark – Unlimited simultaneous connections, camouflage mode, MultiHop mode, SmartDNS feature.
- NordVPN – Boasts incredible speeds, a strict zero-log policy, robust security, 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Private Internet Access (PIA) – Supports P2P sharing, unblocks restricted content, and has fast speeds.
- CyberGhost – Unlimited bandwidth and data, affordable long-term plans, and robust security and privacy features.
- ProtonVPN – Fast speeds, DNS leak protection, AES 256-bit encryption, perfect forward secrecy.
- VyprVPN – Zero-log policy, WireGuard protocol, AES 256-bit encryption, NAT firewall, unblocks all major streaming sites.
- IPVanish – Affordable, SugarSync free cloud storage, 30-day money-back guarantee, DNS leak protection.
- Ivacy VPN – OpenVPN protocol, AES -256-bit encryption, kill switch, 30-day money-back guarantee.
- PrivateVPN – P2P sharing, unrestricted bandwidth, DNS leak protection, dedicated streaming servers.
The best US VPNs today – Detailed list
If you live in the United States, you want a VPN that maintains your online security and privacy and empowers you with internet freedom.
But how can I find such a VPN? We hear you ask.
Generally, you must consider numerous factors, including your browsing requirements, before investing in a VPN. Perhaps, you can look at this detailed guide to choosing the best VPNs to know how to pick the right service provider.
Nonetheless, when it’s about bypassing geo-restrictions in the USA, here is a quick list of the essential criteria.
- Strong encryption
- The provider is not headquartered in the US
- Observes a strict zero-logs policy
- Offer shared addresses for anonymity
- Support anonymous payment methods
You can find out more about these select parameters in detail later. Let’s start with the best USA VPNs you can use to protect your privacy.
This industry leader offers multiple fast-speed, reliable, and stable US servers for the users. Though a bit expensive, ExpressVPN is worth trying for US users.
- Works well in the US
- Robust security and privacy feature
- Blazing-fast servers
- Does not offer dedicated IP addresses
ExpressVPN is among the best VPNs for the USA because of its fast-speed servers and impressive unblocking capabilities. So whether you want to stream, torrent, or play online games, it can handle any task.
This VPN offers the best coverage in the US, with over 23+ server locations in more than 15+ cities.
One of ExpressVPN’s striking features is TrustedServer technology operates the servers on random access memory (RAM). Once you log out, all your activities will be deleted entirely since the RAM cannot store data. That makes you less susceptible to attacks, as there will be no data to access.