Living in a developed country like the USA doesn’t mean that you automatically acquire top-notch online privacy. In fact, a high-tech region like the US necessarily requires you to use tools like a VPN to protect yourself online.
While the US is not as authoritarian as China or Russia, it does spy on its citizens. It is also a member of the 5-Eyes, an alliance of countries that share intelligence information. In addition, a law allows government agencies such as the NSA and FBI to force ISPs to submit their customer’s records.
Furthermore, access to websites such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter is banned in workplaces, schools, and other institutions.
Therefore, a US VPN is the best way to use the internet anonymously and bypass restrictions in America. It enables you to change your location and appear in a different country, evading local online limitations.
Curious to know more about protecting your internet privacy in the USA?
This guide explains why you need a VPN for the USA, the features you need to consider, the best VPNs for the US, and much more.
Short on time? Here is a quick list of top VPNs for America
- ExpressVPN – Top recommended VPN for the USA. Unblocks popular geo-blocked sites, SmartPlay feature, vast global server network, effortless to set up.
- NordVPN – Boasts incredible speeds, a strict zero-log policy, robust security, 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Private Internet Access (PIA) – Supports P2P sharing, unblocks restricted content, and has fast speeds.
- Surfshark – Unlimited simultaneous connections, camouflage mode, MultiHop mode, SmartDNS feature.
- CyberGhost – Unlimited bandwidth and data, affordable long-term plans, and robust security and privacy features.
- ProtonVPN – Fast speeds, DNS leak protection, AES 256-bit encryption, perfect forward secrecy.
- VyprVPN – Zero-log policy, WireGuard protocol, AES 256-bit encryption, NAT firewall, unblocks all major streaming sites.
- IPVanish – Affordable, SugarSync free cloud storage, 30-day money-back guarantee, DNS leak protection.
- Ivacy VPN – OpenVPN protocol, AES -256-bit encryption, kill switch, 30-day money-back guarantee.
- PrivateVPN – P2P sharing, unrestricted bandwidth, DNS leak protection, dedicated streaming servers.
The best US VPNs today – Detailed list
If you live in the United States, you want a VPN that maintains your online security and privacy and empowers you with internet freedom.