VyprVPN is a VPN service headquartered in Switzerland and owned by GoldenFrog Company. Recently, the service has gone through massive changes and advances to become one of the most popular VPNs in the industry.
The provider has improved its quality of service, reliability, security, and logging practices. It has also increased its servers, which are now spread across every continent. However, is it worth it? How does it fare against top-tier providers like ExpressVPN and NordVPN?
I have done rigorous testing, and in this comprehensive VyprVPN VPN review, I’ll present you with everything you need to know about it. Some of the questions I have tried to answer throughout the article include:
- How fast are the VyprVPN servers?
- Will it maintain your security and privacy?
- Does it unblock popular streaming services?
- What is its logging policy?
- Does the service provide enough value to justify its cost?
- Is there a VyprVPN free download?
- Can it bypass aggressive censorship filters imposed by countries like China?
I have used the VPN service for several weeks to protect my internet activities from unauthorized third parties. It has come in hand in everyday tasks such as browsing, torrenting, streaming, gaming, and even making video calls. It gets the job done fine, but there are some details you must know. First, let’s look at the main features in the table below.
VyprVPN key features
|Security – Encryption, Logging policy, Kill switch, protocols||AES 256-bitStrict, no-log policy, desktop app OpenVPN, Chameleon, IKEv2|
|Speed – Average speed, video streaming support||53Mbps, supports 4K|
|Streaming – Netflix, other streaming websites||Unblocks several libraries, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video|
|Pricing – Value for money cost range (lowest and highest), money-back guarantee||$15 – $8.33, 30 days|
VyprVPN pros and cons
These are some of the strengths and weaknesses worth noting that I found out when doing this VyprVPN service review:
- Provides watertight security features
- Does not retain any identifiable data
- Owns its fleet of servers
- It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Allows you to connect up five simultaneous devices
- Reliable customer support with 24/7 live chat
- Comparatively small server network
- Relatively slow speed on some servers
- It doesn’t support cryptocurrency payments
Many VPNs, including VyprVPN, claim to offer the fastest speeds. That is why I set out to run extensive speed tests on this provider to ascertain these bold assertions.
I did the test at various times of the day and on different servers to get comprehensive results. The average speed was 45.5Mbps across the servers I tested alongside my other colleagues at PrivacySavvy (living in different countries worldwide). That is enough for multiple tasks like streaming, gaming, and torrenting. However, it is a bit slower compared to other VPNs we covered in our recent speed test.
Below is an average speed for the regions I tested:
- Europe: 45Mbps
- North America: 51Mbps
- Middle East: 49Mbps
- Africa: 37Mbps
- Asia: 43Mbps
- South America: 50Mbps
This average speed is decent for streaming in SD, HD, and even 4K UHD. But it will mainly depend on your base ISP speed.
If you don’t need to connect to a particular location, VyprVPN has a quick connect feature. It’ll measure your distance and latency to give you the fastest connection available automatically.