TunnelBear is a popular Canadian-based VPN service. Its branding team has done a great job, and it is hard not to recognize the VPN. But is it genuinely an excellent VPN service? We’ll find that out in this detailed TunnelBear review.
One of TunnelBear’s most popular offerings is the free plan, although it comes with limitations. However, you can easily upgrade to paid plans to get the best out of the service. Besides, it uses advanced security features to safeguard your online connections and data. In this TunnelBear review, we’ll look at what the VPN offers and how it compares to other VPNs.
Short on time? Here are our TunnelBear key findings
These are some of the things we found out when conducting our unbiased review of TunnelBear:
- Robust security to protect your identity: TunnelBear uses military-grade encryption alongside other necessary security features like GhostBear, VigilantBear, TCP override, etc.
- Unblocks streaming sites: The VPN bypasses restrictions of primary streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, and more. However, it is unable to unblock Disney+ and ESPN.
- Good speed: Local or nearby servers offer incredible speeds to handle any task, including browsing, streaming, and torrenting. Connecting to international servers will reduce your speed to a crawl to stream or download torrents.
- Easy to use apps: The installation process is simple, while the apps are straightforward to use.
- Unlimited device connection: TunnelBear’s free and premium versions both support unlimited simultaneous connections from a single account.
- Offers a strict no-logs policy: This VPN service does not collect or share user data with third parties, and its no-logs policy has been independently audited.
- Decent free version: TunnelBear’s free version includes similar security tools to its paid version, making it a good option for a free VPN service.
- No standard money-back guarantee: Refunds are only issued on an individual basis by the VPN provider.
- Lacks 24/7 live chat support: In case of any issues, you can only enquire from the provider by filling out a web form, which may take longer to respond.