Amazon started life as a simple online bookstore, and it kept turning a yearly loss for an extended period. Unfortunately, not everybody saw this potential during its first few years of existence, and the doubters had louder voices than the supporters.
However, Amazon revolutionized e-commerce, then video streaming (With Amazon Prime). Last but not least, it came up with a hardware device, the Amazon FireStick, which also prompted a revolution in home TV entertainment. FireStick apps are the reason why people love the entertainment experiences on Amazon’s streaming device.
If you own an Amazon Firestick, you have your usual TV channels and the option to have your home entertainment transcend the level of cable or satellite TV.
The Firestick lets you watch Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, and other video streaming platforms.
Entertainment may be Amazon’s Firestick killer use case. But it’s far from being the only one. The Amazon Firestick, like any device, is as good as the apps it has available for installation. And in this department, Firestick excels.
It doesn’t have a pool as large as you can find for Android tablets or phones, but this is not that device. If you consider that the whole purpose of this toy was to get you internet video streams, the fact that there are hundreds of apps of all types on offer to use with it is nothing short of amazing.
So your Amazon Firestick will give you fantastic value in terms of digital entertainment. But it can do so much more for you if you pick the right apps to include in your Firestick experience. This article is all about that!
This guide will tell you all you think to know about the best 95 applications you should consider having on your Amazon Firestick. These apps work on every Fire TV device (Fire TV Cube, FireStick 4K, FireStick Lite, and others).
Legal disclaimer: Please reader before you move forward.
PrivacySavy is a tech website focused on digital privacy, security, and anonymity issues. We do not verify if every app, service, or website operates under the legal licenses they’re supposed to have or if they offer any copyrighted content. However, each individual user is responsible for the media or software he consumes online. Therefore, we assume that each user is aware of their domestic legal environment regarding their internet use. Users should be mindful of the risks inherent in installing unverified apps (those you can’t install through Amazon AppStore or Google Play). Whenever you use unverified apps to watch video streams, you should limit your activity to those works that are in the Public Domain instead of those that are still protected by copyright laws. PrivacySavvy.com doesn’t host, manage, or is responsible in any way, shape, or form for any applications, websites, add-ons, services, software, or streaming sites referenced in any article.
Our top 10 apps for FireStick – The quick list
If you are in a rush and think that 95 apps are overkill, let us tell you at least about the best ten apps you can have in your FireStick.
- ExpressVPN. It is the best VPN in the market and one of the rare providers with a FireStick app. If FireStick can unleash the power of your smart TV, ExpressVPN can unleash the power of your FireStick by enhancing its protection and unblocking geo-location restrictions.
- Cinema APK. Many apps will provide you with streaming movies for a FireStick, but this one is the best by far, and it’s free.
- Crunchyroll is already a legendary resource among anime enthusiasts. It’s available for Amazon devices, and if you like Japanese animations, you must have it.
- YouTube. This is the website that made video streaming a practical reality. IT remains the world’s premier source for the entertainment of all kinds, and, let’s face it, there’s always something to see on YouTube.
- Spotify. It’s the one app every music lover must-have. So if you want your smart TV to play the music you know and love, Spotify will be your friend.
- Mouse Toggle. There are thousands of interesting Android apps that you can’t use in a FireStick because they’re not built with the remote control in mind. This app turns your FireStick navigation buttons into a mouse so that you can take any Android app and use it on your Amazon device.
- Amazon Silk. Can you imagine an internet-able device that doesn’t have a browser? We agree that browsing the web is not the point of a FireStick, but it’s something you’ll need to do sooner or later, and Amazon Silk is the best browser you can use on this device.
- VLC Media Player. This open-source player is the one piece of software you will ever need to reproduce any video of any format and music in even the most tropical lossless formats. It’s plethoric with features, and it will never let you down. It even plays correctly videos that are incomplete or corrupted.
- Zoom. Maybe you already hate Zoom like so many others. However, this app is part and parcel of the new reality that the Covid pandemic ushered in. We may hate it. But we need it nevertheless.
- Task Killer. The Amazon FireStick OS runs on the ever-reliable Linux kernel, like Android. However, sometimes even the invincible Linux kernel needs a helping hand by having a process killed by hand.
Best FireStick apps for December 2022 – Detailed list
Now that you have warmed up, let’s get to the complete list. We categorized applications to give you a better idea of each app’s purpose.
Installation hints for every single app are also given upfront so that you know if a particular app can be installed directly from Amazon AppStore or you’ll need to sideload it onto your FireStick. For both of the installation scenarios we’ve quick and easy steps listed within this article. Let’s get started.
VPNs came into existence to assuage the worries of the most sophisticated users about online privacy, security, and anonymity. That was then. These days, the Virtual Private Network is a necessary digital tool. The privacy and security aspects of a VPN’s functionality remain paramount, but time has shown that a good VPN service can give you much more.
With a VPN installed on Firestick, you will be able to bypass your domestic internet censorship (if you live in a country that has any), and unblock the best video streaming services on the internet, so they give you the same catalog they offer to their preferred users, place phone calls in those countries that ban or criminalize VoIP services, surf the web freely from within China. You name it. A premium VPN has many advantages, and they’re worth it.
And ExpressVPN is the biggest name in the VPN verse by far. It’s been in the business for a long time, always offering the best service available. And it’s also the best VPN service you can have on your Amazon FireStick device.