Zoom has existed since 2011, and it has gained traction recently as it helps people communicate via online meetings. Yet, this facility also drew the attention of the criminals who tried every possible trick to barge into users’ private meetings.
Thus, today, you inevitably need to secure your Zoom Chats if you really want to protect your online business communications.
This guide will teach you how to adjust your Zoom settings for secure communications. Plus, you will also get to know other Zoom security tips to maintain your privacy during meetings.
Essential Zoom security tips – the quick list
- Never use personal emails to create Zoom accounts
- Secure your account with 2FA
- Secure your Zoom Meetings with passwords
- Set up random Meeting IDs
- Share Zoom Meeting links carefully
- Apply strict authenticated access to Meetings
- Be careful about screen-sharing
- Enable ‘Waiting Room’ for Zoom Meetings
- Disable file sharing
- Disable the “Join before host” feature
- Disable “Allow removed participants to rejoin”
- Restrict session recording
- Disable Attention Tracking
- Prefer Zoom web app instead of client apps
- Never post about Zoom Meeting details on social media
- Be wary of fake Zoom apps
- Use the latest zoom app version
- Take care of personal privacy