Online video streaming was a massive trend on the internet already two years ago. But then, the Covid-19 pandemic showed us its ugly face, putting the already growing trend on steroids.
Among those platforms that offer a vast catalog of video entertainment, IPTV stands out because of the range of streaming sites and TV channels it provides to users. But on this website, as in almost every other service, the catalog availability depends on a user’s physical location, as its IP address reveals.
Thankfully, if you live in one of those countries where IPTV’s content is restricted, you can bypass the geo-location-based restrictions in the sites using a good VPN provider.
And which VPN is the right one, we hear you ask? It’s a fair question. But unfortunately, the VPN industry has also exploded over the last few years. So, picking a good provider is no longer as obvious (or easy) as it used to be. But there’s no need to worry; this is our job.
We’ve gone through the top vendors in the market, tried them out, and figured out which ones will serve you better when unblocking IPTV from abroad. So welcome to our guide for the five best VPNs for IPTVs!
Top IPTV VPN services – The quick list
So here are the best five options for unblocking IPTV right here and now:
- NordVPN: The best VPN provider for IPTV services as a whole. Strong security and privacy, good streaming functionality.
- ExpressVPN: Combines high speeds, friendly apps, and excellent service. The right combination of features for many IPTV enthusiasts.
- Surfshark: Excellent service at a lower price. Easy to set up, strong in every aspect.
- Windscribe: Underrated premium VPN network that delivers all the essentials you need for a good IPTV experience.
- VyprVPN: The best option if you are looking for cost-effectiveness without sacrificing privacy or streaming functionality.
Unblocking IPTV from any country in the world – The quick guide
Unblocking IPTV content with a good VPN service is quite a straightforward process. You’ll likely find it very quick and easy to implement, even if you’re new to the VPN world. Once you’ve chosen the VPN provider you like, try the following steps:
- Get an account with a premium VPN provider: NordVPN is the best option for most tasks needing a VPN. In the case of IPTV, it’s an even better option; it soars over the competition.
- Download and install the software you need: Depending on your chosen provider, you could need to configure your router or operating system. But most VPNs present here include a tech platform of dedicated apps that will significantly simplify the configuration process. So find the relevant apps, download and install them, and you’re ready to go.
- Launch the app: This is where the magic begins. Launching the app will enable you to pick a server in the network. Choosing a server in the country where the content you want is unblocked would be best.
- Open IPTV: Choose what you want from it, and enjoy it!
Top 5 VPNs for unblocking IPTV: The complete list
Unfortunately, the VPN market is overcrowded. Separating the wheat from the chaff takes time and expertise, even more so when you’re doing it with a particular task in mind instead of for more generic VPN tasks.
Fortunately, our staff is familiar with many of the providers in the industry. Their expertise is unmatched among reviewers, so they quickly compiled a list of five VPN providers working with IPTV and doing it in style. Some of them even offer great value for your money. So here are the best IPTV VPNs:
Undeniably, the best IPTV VPN. It offers robust security with super-fast speed and reliable server connections to provide you with a lag-free streaming experience.
- Your data is completely secure
- Do not allow bandwidth throttling
- Huge server coverage
- Some servers are risky for privacy
Considering all the factors in which a VPN must excel to be a good IPTV option, we found NordVPN to be the best option, hands down.
The NordVPN server network is extensive, including over 5,000 nodes scattered over 59 countries. About 1970 of those are based in 15 US cities, an important location when unblocking IPTV is your goal. These US-based servers will do the deed with IPTV. And they will also unblock most other big streaming platforms like Hulu, Disney+, or Netflix.
So NordVPN has US-based servers. But it also has high-speed connections. This feature is also critical if your connection supports an HD stream. Our team achieved speeds as high as 250 Mbps with NordVPN – your speeds could differ significantly depending on your operating system, ISP, and many other factors. Still, the relevant point is that your available speed will be best used with NordVPN.
NordVPN supports every major platform and operating system, including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and even Amazon Firestick. Moreover, you can configure NordVPN on your router. That way, you can have any device in your local network (Smart TVs, IPTV boxes, or anything else) using the VPN connection without direct support from the device.