Apple’s iOS is a highly secure operating system, but it is not enough to keep you completely private. When using the internet, your ISP and other third parties will try to access your information. So, using a VPN on your iPhone is necessary to maintain your online anonymity.
However, not all VPNs are worth your time. Most apps didn’t even work, whereas others exhibited security issues or slowed down device speeds during our extensive research.
Nonetheless, we did find some excellent VPNs too that can serve a privacy-savvy iPhone user well.
So, this article lists the best Apple VPNs that you can install on your iPhones or iPads. Also, you’ll learn here why you need to install a VPN on your iPhone and much more.
Quick list for the best VPN apps for iPhone
- NordVPN – Our most favourite VPN for iOS (based on extensive tests and research). It offers lightning-fast speed, robust security, and bypass restrictions of popular streaming sites.
- ExpressVPN – Best iPhone and iPad VPN. The VPN comes with impressive features and superb speeds.
- Surfshark – User-friendly and secure iOS app. One of its most striking features is the unlimited simultaneous connections.
- PrivateVPN – Dedicated app for iPhone. It boasts of high security and privacy despite the small server network.
- VyprVPN – Great budget VPN for iOS. The provider offers top-notch security and incredible unblocking capability.
Note: This is an evolving list (as all the lists on PrivacySavvy are). We actively work on more research and tests, so expect our list of iPhone VPNs to change periodically.
Why do you need a VPN on your iOS device?
However, using VPNs is often the primary cybersecurity recommendation from every expert. But, given the generally secure impression of Apple devices, you might think of this tool as something you don’t need.
However, several reasons make it necessary to install a VPN on your device, whether you are using an iPhone or iPad. Here are a few.