Apple’s iOS is a highly secure operating system, but it is not enough to keep you completely private. When using the internet, your ISP and other third parties will try to access your information. So, using a VPN on your iPhone is necessary to maintain your online anonymity.
However, not all VPNs are worth your time. Most apps didn’t even work, whereas others exhibited security issues or slowed down device speeds during our extensive research.
Nonetheless, we did find some excellent VPNs too that can serve a privacy-savvy iPhone user well.
So, this article lists the best Apple VPNs that you can install on your iPhones or iPads. Also, you’ll learn here why you need to install a VPN on your iPhone and much more.
Quick list for the best VPN apps for iPhone
- NordVPN – Our most favourite VPN for iOS (based on extensive tests and research). It offers lightning-fast speed, robust security, and bypass restrictions of popular streaming sites.
- ExpressVPN – Best iPhone and iPad VPN. The VPN comes with impressive features and superb speeds.
- Surfshark – User-friendly and secure iOS app. One of its most striking features is the unlimited simultaneous connections.
- PrivateVPN – Dedicated app for iPhone. It boasts of high security and privacy despite the small server network.
- VyprVPN – Great budget VPN for iOS. The provider offers top-notch security and incredible unblocking capability.
Note: This is an evolving list (as all the lists on PrivacySavvy are). We actively work on more research and tests, so expect our list of iPhone VPNs to change periodically.
Why do you need a VPN on your iOS device?
However, using VPNs is often the primary cybersecurity recommendation from every expert. But, given the generally secure impression of Apple devices, you might think of this tool as something you don’t need.
However, several reasons make it necessary to install a VPN on your device, whether you are using an iPhone or iPad. Here are a few.
- Improved privacy – Generally, iOS is a secure platform. However, it still has to use your internet service provider (ISP) to connect online. In addition, your online activities leave breadcrumbs everywhere, which anyone can use to trace your IP address easily. So, installing a VPN will prevent your ISP and other third parties from accessing your data or see what you are doing.
- Bypass geo–restrictions – Most streaming services like Netflix and other websites use geographic restrictions to limit their content to specific regions. However, you can connect to a server in any country and access whatever you want with a VPN.
- Save data – Sometimes, you use more data than you should because your device downloads text and images as you browse the internet. Fortunately, most premium VPNs have web filters to prevent this from happening.
Best iPhone VPNs today – The detailed list
You should only settle for a top-notch virtual private network (VPN) service for your iOS device that excels in performance, security and boasts added privacy features.
We ran numerous tests and did comprehensive research to come up with the 5 best iPhone VPN services that we review below. If you are wondering where to find the right VPN for your iPhone, then you can easily pick any one of these.
The number 1 VPN that matches the level of security and privacy Apple users expects. Its dedicated iOS apps can seamlessly protect your iPhones and iPads.
- Encrypted connections for iPhone
- Good value packages
- Unblocks any geo-restricted sites
- Kill switch doesn’t turn off all iOS apps
NordVPN tops this list as the best iPhone VPN service. It comes with excellent features coupled with reasonably priced packages.
At first, it has a native iOS app that you can easily install on your iPhone. Once done, you can quickly establish your VPN connection using the “Quick Connect” feature. It connects you to the fastest server available automatically. Alternatively, you can connect to a specific location by choosing a server from the sidebar list.
The provider has a massive network of over 5,000 servers in 60 countries, letting you bypass geographic restrictions globally.