Torrenting has amassed a lot of popularity in the recent past. It is a peer-to-peer (P2P) network where users connect and share files instead of relying on a centralized server. Each device on the network acts as a mini-server, which helps to reduce the network load considerably.
While torrenting allows you to download and share files at incredible speeds, it also presents certain risks. The only way to download torrents safely is to use a VPN.
However, finding the best VPN for torrenting is a bit tricky as many services are not up to the task. Some don’t support torrenting, while others don’t put up necessary measures to prevent data leakage. That is why we researched and tested thoroughly to compile a list of the ten best VPNs for torrenting for you.
A quick summary of the best torrenting VPNs
- ExpressVPN – High speeds, Network Lock, keeps no logs. Easy to use apps, TrustedServer technology
- Private Internet Access (PIA) – Expansive server network, DNS leak protection, supports P2P sharing.
- NordVPN – Our top pick for torrenting. It comes with fast-speed servers, a zero-log policy, P2P optimized servers.
- Surfshark – Low-cost VPN for torrenting, unlimited simultaneous connections, solid security, CleanWeb feature.
- CyberGhost – P2P optimized servers, great connection speeds, boasts a massive server network, no-logs policy.
- VyprVPN – P2P servers, WireGuard protocol, NAT firewall, AES 256-bit encryption, zero-logs policy
- IPVanish – Unlimited simultaneous connections, SugarSync storage, DNS leak protection, 30-day money-back guarantee
- ProtonVPN – Perfect forward secrecy, open-source apps, supports P2P sharing, DNS leak protection
- Ivacy – AES 256-bit encryption, OpenVPN protocol, kill switch, 30-day money-back guarantee
- PrivateVPN – P2P sharing, unlimited bandwidth, DNS leak protection, stealth mode, AES-bit encryption