Xbox One by Microsoft has dominated the gaming industry for almost a decade now. The console allows you to play games in high definition and even contest with other players worldwide.
Apart from giving you a thrilling gaming experience, Xbox One also enables you to watch movies and TV shows in 4K. In fact, it works well with most streaming sites such as Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, ESPN, etc.
Unfortunately, many Xbox games and streaming sites are geo-restricted and may not be accessible in your country. Luckily, a VPN can help you evade the restrictions and unblock the content you want from anywhere.
In this guide, we’ll look at the best VPNs for Xbox One, why you need a VPN, how to install it on your router, and much more.
Quick summary of the best Xbox One VPNs
We’ll cover each service in detail later, but you can check this brief outline if you are short on time.
- NordVPN – Our top recommended VPN for Xbox One. NordVPN comes with a massive server network, affordable packages, robust security, split tunneling, 30-day money-back guarantee, and CyberSec adblocker.
- Surfshark – Best budget option to unblock games on Xbox One. Also, it offers unlimited simultaneous connections, CleanWeb ad blocker, military-grade encryption, warrant canary, and camouflage mode.
- ExpressVPN – It offers premium features such as TrustedServer technology, AES 256-bit encryption, automatic kill switch, unlimited bandwidth, and compatibility across devices.
- PrivateVPN – A cheap VPN that comes with a free trial. It’s secure, safe, works with Netflix and other similar services.
- IPVanish – Best suited for browsing the internet privately across all major devices. Bypasses geo restrictions quickly, too.
The methodology we used to select these VPNs
Hundreds of VPNs claim to work with Xbox One, so choosing the right one is a huge task. Here are some of the critical factors we considered when testing the VPNs.