5 Best VPNs for the Dark Web in 2023

Saheed Aremu  - Security Expert
Last updated: November 21, 2023
Read time: 16 minutes

Discover the best VPNs for surfing the dark web, review what makes them stand out, and see helpful tips for staying safe as you browse.

The internet is an unimaginably large repository of information. Google Search currently has over 55 billion pages, yet this all falls under 10% of everything on the internet. The other 90% is the deep web, 6% of which makes up the dark web. For anything to be that hidden and exclusive, you can expect it to contain various shady and harmful activities. This is why you need a VPN to protect yourself from the threats on the dark web and your ISP’s tracking. The article lists the five best VPNs for surfing the dark web.

When people hear “the dark web,” they instantly imagine different vices and crimes. This is quite understandable, considering the dark web’s mysterious nature and notorious reputation. We also advise avoiding this internet section unless you have a pressing business there.

Situations may, however, arise where you need to use the dark web. In that case, keeping yourself safe should be your priority. And what better way to keep yourself safe than using high-quality, reliable VPNs?

If you’ve been searching for the best VPNs for the dark web, then you’re in luck. This article reviews the best VPNs for dark web purposes, explains why they’re important, and answers common questions.

Best VPNs for dark web – Quick list

Short on time? Here’s a quick list of our top VPNs for the dark web and what differentiates them from others.