Whether it’s about your Windows PC, laptop, Mac, tablet, smartphone, or anything, all devices remain continuously exposed to malware attacks. Thus, having a stealthy antivirus program today is inevitable for every device you use.
Indeed, with time, traditional viruses and malware have evolved drastically to become unbeatable. Therefore, you cannot choose an average antivirus software that can’t fend off severe threats.
So, the question here is, what is the best antivirus software you should install?
Since the needs of individuals vary, we can’t list one as the best for all. However, this article has gathered the ten premium antivirus tools to protect your device in 2023.
Top 3 antivirus software – The quick list
In a rush? Here are the top antivirus protection tools for your device:
- Norton 360 – Offers maximum security with additional features such as PC cloud backup, secure VPN, multi-device security, and password manager.
- Webroot antivirus – A high-performing and proven antivirus program that offers maximum protection against online threats.
- Bitdefender Total Security – Top-level antivirus is known for its security and privacy components, performance, and protection against digital threats.
- McAfee Total Protection – A comprehensive program that extends beyond virus and malware protection.
- Avira Prime– An all-inclusive antivirus program that gives real-time scanning and a VPN for additional security.
- Trend micro maximum security and premium security suite – Powerful protection against dangerous online threats like ransomware, and malware.
- F-Secure Total – A complete security suite that protects your online security on all platforms.
- Sophos Home – A household name in the industry, it offers an easy-to-use program with web filtering and device management.
- TotalAV– Boast optimization tools to improve your online privacy and compatibility across devices.
- Panda Dome – Comes with additional features such as parental controls, VPN, and password manager.
Do you really need virus protection software?
It is the most common question people ask today. Given the preloaded or built-in virus scanners and protection tools, many users wonder whether they should use a third-party antivirus program.
Also, some (pseudo) cybersecurity experts argue that you don’t need to have an antivirus until you follow safe browsing habits.
However, if you ask us the same question, then, in one line, the answer is, YOU DEFINITELY NEED AN ANTIVIRUS!
At first, the threat actors keep working on ways to create and improvise malware. Hence, we now have many different types of viruses that do not look or sound malicious initially. Some of them do not even steal your data or do financial harm to you. Instead, they execute other activities, such as malvertising.
These seemingly innocent programs occupy space on your device and use your resource. Still, they do not warrant staying harmless in the future. You never know when simple adware will start stealing your data.
Also, these programs give control of your device to hackers, which is a security breach.
Lastly, no matter how careful you remain while browsing, you can’t be sure when a previously safe-to-visit website turns malicious. For example, there might be stealthy scripts running on it. Or maybe, a new virus has entered the market, all set to ditch the security features online.
How will you protect your device from such attacks?
Unless you have an antivirus, you cannot protect your device from adware, worms, trojans, spyware, ransomware, or any other type of malware.
Can viruses ditch the top antivirus too?
Another argument that some people present against antivirus software is the occasional skipping of malware detection.