Internet access at your school is bound to be severely restricted. So the chances are that things like social media services, video streaming platforms, gaming websites, and many other online resources are blocked by your school’s internet admins. Unfortunately, this list of services restricted on school networks often includes your favorite game Tetris, compelling you to find workarounds to unblock it.
Well, such restrictions aren’t surprising. Your school is not your ISP; it’s not supposed to guarantee your internet access to all kinds of services. Instead, it’s typically meant to get you what you need for academic purposes and to ensure that you do not distract yourself from your learning process – hence the blocks.
So no, you’re not supposed to do torrenting, gaming, or socializing on your school’s internet. That includes playing Tetris. However, you could do it if you wish by using a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
In simplest terms, a VPN enables you to connect to a server and make the rest of the internet think you’re where that server is. Your IP address will change to match the server’s physical location, and the tool encrypts your traffic. So, your school couldn’t realize anything about your activities online.
This article reviews the best five VPNs you can use on the internet to unblock access to Tetris from anywhere in the world. Some services will even enable you to play Tetris from China, so your school’s restrictions are not much of a challenge for them.
Quick guide to unblock Tetris at school using a VPN
Unblocking your school’s internet restrictions to play Tetris sounds like a very advanced and geeky achievement. Nothing could be further from the truth. It’s a straightforward task if you know what you need to do. Just follow these steps:
- Pick a VPN service. Make sure you choose a premium one, ExpressVPN, preferably, but any entries on our list will do.
- Find the apps that your VPN offers for your device or computer.
- Install the VPN on your device; it will likely take three to four minutes.
- Open your VPN app, and log in to the network providing your account’s credentials.
- Within your VPN, choose a server in the network. Remember that your VPN will assign you an IP address corresponding to your server’s location. So if you want an IP address from the US, choose a server located there.
- That’s it! Everything you do on your chosen device goes through your VPN, so unblocking Tetris is trivial!
Note: If you are using a web browser to play Tetris, you may need to clear your browser’s cache and cookies before everything works correctly. This is because some cookies retain some information about your physical location.