Internet access at your school is bound to be severely restricted. So the chances are that things like social media services, video streaming platforms, gaming websites, and many other online resources are blocked by your school’s internet admins. Unfortunately, this list of services restricted on school networks often includes your favorite game Tetris, compelling you to find workarounds to unblock it.
Well, such restrictions aren’t surprising. Your school is not your ISP; it’s not supposed to guarantee your internet access to all kinds of services. Instead, it’s typically meant to get you what you need for academic purposes and to ensure that you do not distract yourself from your learning process – hence the blocks.
So no, you’re not supposed to do torrenting, gaming, or socializing on your school’s internet. That includes playing Tetris. However, you could do it if you wish by using a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
In simplest terms, a VPN enables you to connect to a server and make the rest of the internet think you’re where that server is. Your IP address will change to match the server’s physical location, and the tool encrypts your traffic. So, your school couldn’t realize anything about your activities online.
This article reviews the best five VPNs you can use on the internet to unblock access to Tetris from anywhere in the world. Some services will even enable you to play Tetris from China, so your school’s restrictions are not much of a challenge for them.
Quick guide to unblock Tetris at school using a VPN
Unblocking your school’s internet restrictions to play Tetris sounds like a very advanced and geeky achievement. Nothing could be further from the truth. It’s a straightforward task if you know what you need to do. Just follow these steps:
- Pick a VPN service. Make sure you choose a premium one, ExpressVPN, preferably, but any entries on our list will do.
- Find the apps that your VPN offers for your device or computer.
- Install the VPN on your device; it will likely take three to four minutes.
- Open your VPN app, and log in to the network providing your account’s credentials.
- Within your VPN, choose a server in the network. Remember that your VPN will assign you an IP address corresponding to your server’s location. So if you want an IP address from the US, choose a server located there.
- That’s it! Everything you do on your chosen device goes through your VPN, so unblocking Tetris is trivial!
Note: If you are using a web browser to play Tetris, you may need to clear your browser’s cache and cookies before everything works correctly. This is because some cookies retain some information about your physical location.
Top VPNs to unblock Tetris – Quick list
You’ll find all the details about getting Tetris unblocked at school later in this guide. But if you’re in a rush and just want the gist, here is a quick list of the best VPNs that you let you evade restrictions at school.
- ExpressVPN: The best VPN to get your Tetris fix from school. Servers in 94 countries, high speeds, and plenty of additional features will ensure the smooth playing experience you want at school.
- NordVPN: Five thousand servers comprise the NordVPN network, which can perform any task in style with nodes that support all activities, including torrenting.
- Private Internet Access (PIA): Probably the most user-friendly VPN in the market and boasts the largest server network in the industry.
- Surfshark: The disruptive enfant terrible of the VPN-verse offers a service that can compete with the industry’s top names at a meager price.
- PureVPN: A worthy VPN service offering competitive features to unblock Tetris and other restricted platforms on any network without compromising security.
Why Tetris games could be blocked for me
Tetris is most often blocked in local networks that belong to working places, schools, hospitals, and universities. These institutional networks won’t allow Tetris, Instagram, and other recreational activities on the internet because they interfere with the institutional purpose in the first place.
They also distract their users from doing the job they’re supposed to be doing. Finally, bandwidth costs money, and blocking Tetris, social networks, torrents, and other such internet services allows your school or employer to maximize the money they spend on their internet connection.
Yes, we know Tetris needs minimal bandwidth to work correctly. So it makes no sense to ban it to conserve bandwidth. However, it remains in the entertainment category, and admins prefer umbrella-type bans because it makes things easier for them.
But whatever the reason your school is not allowing you to play Tetris at your leisure, you’re about to learn how to play the game as much as you want while remaining under the radar.
Top 5 VPNs to unblock Tetris from your school network
Now, we will review in detail the top five VPNs you could use to unlock your favorite Tetris version from your school’s network.
But before you read the detailed descriptions, please remember this: unblocking Tetris is no remarkable feat for any VPN. Every option included here can do that with many resources and capacity to spare. They are the best services in the industry, offering numerous extra features useful for many other tasks besides playing Tetris. And they will enhance your online security significantly in the meantime.