A “Virtual Private Network” or VPN is a digital online service. You pick a server within the VPN’s network when you use one. Then, the server becomes the only link between you and the rest of the internet. Everything you do goes through it. In addition, all the communications between the server and your device are encrypted, thus making it safe from the security threats typical of public wifi networks.
Hundreds of VPN providers are available in the market, but if you want to know that the VPN vendor you choose will deliver everything you want and expect from a VPN, you must choose wisely. So let us tell you the best VPN services for staying safe in wifi hotspots.
Best WiFi VPNs – Quick list
If you don’t have the time to read our full article and see what we have to say about each VPN in detail, here is a quick list of the best VPNs for those in a rush.
- NordVPN. One of the most advanced VPNs in the market will also deliver the goods when you’re on public wifi. Five thousand servers, the ability to unblock Skype, Netflix, and many more websites, a friendly app, excellent chat support, great security, and a strict no-logs policy make this one of the best VPNs for any task, wifi included.
- ExpressVPN. The best VPN to have in a public wifi network. The server network spans 94 countries, it has terrific speeds, good security, lots of extra features, excellent customer support, and friendly apps, and it can unblock any digital service you want.
- Private Internet Access (PIA). This VPN is known in the industry for its commitment to user privacy and is the largest VPN server network on the planet, with more than 35.000 nodes available.
- PureVPN. An excellent VPN that doesn’t get as much attention as it deserves. It’s a powerful and versatile service that always keeps your mobile devices safe.
- Surfshark. Top-notch service at a meager price. This young VPN already has a vast server network, many exciting extra features, no connection limits, and good privacy policies.