What is the biggest nightmare for every Netflix user? Missing watching my favorite show in the middle of the season.
While ExpressVPN is always there to rescue you, you may need to troubleshoot your connection when it shows an error, even after getting Netflix unblocked.
Don’t panic after hearing that. Since Netflix is a resilient platform that knows you’ll use a VPN to unblock its content libraries sooner or later, it always applies strict measures to block proxies and VPNs.
No doubt, ExpressVPN fends off most of these VPN blocking attempts. Nonetheless, you may sometimes face trouble unblocking Netflix with ExpressVPN. That’s where you need to know the tips for fixing the ExpressVPN Netflix error.
If that’s what you’re looking for, without ado, let’s get started with the best tips to reconnect with your favorite media streaming.
How to Watch Netflix with ExpressVPN
You can watch Netflix using ExpressVPN by following this guide:
- Download and install ExpressVPN
- Open the App
- Sign in with your ExpressVPN credentials
- Select a server location that corresponds to the Netflix library you want to access
- Visit the Netflix website or use the App
- Enjoy watching your favorite shows
Note that if Netflix detects you are using a VPN connection, it may block your access to its contents library. In that case, try connecting to a different server location or using a different VPN service altogether.
The quick guide to ExpressVPN Netflix issue solution
- Check your internet connectivity
- Double-check your IP address
- Clear cache and browsing history
- Switch your ExpressVPN server
- Change VPN protocol
- Update your ExpressVPN app version
- Turn off your firewall/antivirus
- Flush DNS cache
- Configure DNS settings manually
- Perform manual proxy configuration
- Contact ExpressVPN support
- Switch to an ExpressVPN alternate that supports Netflix
Why is ExpressVPN not working with my Netflix?
Often, ExpressVPN is not working with Netflix because your IP address somehow shows up on Netflix.
If it doesn’t track your actual IP location, it, at least, guesses that you’re using a proxy, VPN, or anything like that to spoof your IP address.
Since Netflix never supports any means to bypass its content restrictions, it frequently bans all such attempts. While the service may also ban a user for violating these terms, thankfully, it doesn’t do that frequently.
However, in most cases, it blocks the IP addresses it suspects belong to a proxy or VPN service.
Although, ExpressVPN has strong stealth measures in place to evade such detections. Nonetheless, slight negligence by the user may leak the IP address to Netflix, thereby rendering ExpressVPN useless.
Nonetheless, you can almost always revert this blocking by correcting the problem area. Once you rectify the problem and re-establish your VPN connection, you can continue streaming your favorite movie or show.