The internet world, though fascinating, has become a hazardous environment for most users. On the one hand, new hackers appear daily with a trick to rob naive web surfers. On the other, prominent companies play a monopole in our data, making us subject to a bothering ads avalanche.
Think of this, have you ever heard of any identity theft in your social circle? Is your history being tracked by your ISP for marketing purposes? Don’t worry about the answers; it’s all rhetorical! There is clear evidence that this is the day-to-day of every internet user.
Netizens urge a solution faced with this situation, a solution without a doubt VPN services can provide. Nevertheless, at this point, a second problem arises: knowing and choosing the best VPN on the market. Certainly, it’s one of the most complicated tasks considering all the options, even worse, as a novice in the world of VPNs.
So what is the finest VPN in the market in 2023? What’s the best choice for a VPN newborn? Buckle up as we unveil these answers in this comprehensive selection guide. By the end, you will know how to make the right decision while clearing out all your concerns.
Quick list of our top VPNs for beginners
- ExpressVPN: The resounding leader in VPNs is ExpressVPN. Users can find in this VPN everything they need to have a secure and private online experience. In addition to being a very intuitive platform, it has the best speed on the market and one of the most prominent networks.
- Private Internet Access (PIA): PIA stands out primarily due to its impressive server network. It also complements this with extra functions that protect the user beyond just VPN. Moreover, PIA possesses a user-friendly interface, making it ideal for beginners.
- NordVPN: Privacy and security are the pillars of this VPN. NordVPN integrates powerful functions to shield users’ identities while providing first-class speeds. All of this combines with an easy-to-use interface that is ideal for VPN neophytes.
- PrivateVPN: Opting for privacy is easy with PrivateVPN. This VPN service offers simplicity for the user in every way. Installing the app takes 3 minutes on average. In addition, muscular features like the 2048-bit encryption protocol make it stand out from the rest.
- Surfshark: Privacy lovers have what they need with Surfshark. From one of the most rugged encryption protocols to a truly docile platform, Surfshark has an excellent set of capabilities. In just a few clicks, surfers will have a quality VPN to protect their privacy and security.
Are VPNs legal?
The legality of VPNs is often put into question. Nevertheless, using a VPN is completely legal in most countries. VPN use is illegal only in countries with government censorship, for example, in countries such as China, North Korea, Russia, and others.
Although VPNs are legal, infringing any law by using these services is not. For example, consuming pirated content is illegal despite using a VPN.
What to look for in the perfect beginner’s VPN?
Selecting the best VPNs for beginners can be difficult if you don’t know the best attributes of a good VPN. For this reason, we have compiled a set of the best VPN features. Each of the following aspects makes up the ideal selection criteria when choosing a VPN service for the first time.
In the world of VPNs, connection speed is essential. Often the reason to use a VPN service is bandwidth problems or throttling. Issues like this; directly affect the web experience, especially when downloading content or streaming.
Most Internet Service Providers (ISP) limit bandwidth at certain times of the day to avoid traffic buildup. Even though when this strategy intends to ensure users can browse without problems, it is a failed attempt.
With a VPN, this problem vanishes since when you connect to a server in another location, you enjoy the speed of that server. As this, speed problems stop getting in the way of your movie nights.
A good VPN offers speeds of over 100 Mbps. With this figure, any user aiming to watch content without interruptions will achieve their goal. The swiftness required to watch videos up to 8K quality is 50 Mbps.
2. Support efficiency
Efficient customer support is a crucial issue for any service, even more so if you are a first-time customer. A good VPN has excellent customer support available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Some companies opt for communicating with their customers via email; others have live support via call or chat. Regardless of the means of communication, the company you choose must have a competent communication channel.