How to get ExpressVPN for free in 2021 (an easy hack)
The readers like you support PrivacySavvy to help keep up the good work. When you purchase using links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn how PrivacySavvy.com makes money.
ExpressVPN has become the market leader, all thanks to its security, speed, and reliability. But, you might be wondering how do I know it is right for me? The best way to make that sure is to get ExpressVPN free trial.
Even though ExpressVPN does not offer a completely free trial as some other top VPNs do. Still, it offers a 30-days, no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. That can help you test ExpressVPN out and see for yourself if it meets your requirements, all risk-free.
We tested it using different accounts and can vouch for ExpressVPN money-back guarantee; it works. We got our money back every single time.
Here we put together a detailed guide to enable you to get ExpressVPN for free. First, let’s cover some basics, including what a VPN is and why choose ExpressVPN. Then, we’ll get to the heart of this guide being how to get ExpressVPN free trial. You will also get to read some jaw-dropping statistics as well as some essential FAQs. Read on!
What is a VPN?
VPNs, also known as Virtual Private Networks, are vital components for your internet-connected devices today. A VPN gives you web anonymity and privacy by forming a private network out of a public internet connection for you.
Have you ever been concerned about hackers and your online privacy? Have you ever been concerned about spyware, cookies tracking, and annoying ads?
Perhaps you are attempting to access a website or web application that is not accessible in your country due to geo-blocks. Or maybe you want to watch Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and other restricted streaming sites? Using a VPN can help you resolve all these issues and gain internet freedom.
A VPN can also help you avoid malware and keyloggers alongside servicing as your security firewall when you connect to the internet. Moreover, a VPN would stop your ISP from throttling your bandwidth, too.
Various types of VPN having multiple functionalities exist on the internet today. But not all of them offer adequate privacy and security for your devices.
Some of them do not have sufficient unblocking capabilities, while others are not secure enough to trust.
Finding a VPN that has it all; speed, security, and reliability is a very tough task, which brings us to ExpressVPN. Being a complete VPN solution is the reason why it has become a market leader.
Why choose ExpressVPN?
75% of hackers say that the traditional system of firewalls and most antivirus applications are irrelevant and do not stop their activities.
Therefore you should install a reputable VPN service that can effectively keep hackers at bay. One of the most robust VPN services that can give you the necessary protection is ExpressVPN. It boasts advanced encryption protocols, provides 24/7 support, offers fast speeds, and has a lot of servers around the world.
ExpressVPN can enable you to carry out a range of functions efficiently; you can use it for streaming, torrenting, bypassing censorship, browsing anonymously, and so on.
Here in this section, we’ll talk about the key benefits of ExpressVPN that you should know beforehand.
It will help clear your mind before learning how you can use ExpressVPN for free in the next section.
- HD Streaming and Speed: It offers high definition streaming and ensures your video does not buffer while streaming. Some VPNs would significantly reduce your streaming quality, which would not allow you to enjoy your favorite shows and series.
ExpressVPN’s upload speed is second to none, and a speed test carried out illustrated that its upload speed consistently reached 17 Mbps in most regions, aside from Australia, where it reduced to 14.69 Mbps. That is highly impressive and the stuff of a dream for most other VPNs.
- Powerful: Popular portals today deploy the most potent anti VPN systems, and most VPNs out there on the internet cannot bypass advanced geo-restrictions. ExpressVPN comes with a state of the art technology that lets users access streaming sites with the most robust geo-blocking systems around the world. You can use it to watch Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and so on, irrespective of your geographical location.
- A large pool of servers: Many VPN services worldwide do not have adequate servers in place, which means users won’t have many options for connection. ExpressVPN has more than 3000 servers in 94 countries around the world.
That allows users to connect to servers in various geographical locations and bypass any geo-blocks with ease. This is an area where express VPN comes in handy and beats out a lot of VPN’s out there. It connects to servers with high speed irrespective of your location.
- Advanced anti-throttling capabilities: Internet throttling is widespread by ISPs and mobile network providers worldwide, but most people don’t know. At various points, your ISP would throttle your internet and significantly slow down your internet connection irrespective of your bandwidth subscription.
One of the most effective ways of stopping your internet connection from being throttled is through a VPN service. However, not every VPN is capable of preventing your internet from being throttled by your ISP. ExpressVPN is among a few VPN services available today to stop internet throttling by ISPs and let users enjoy faster internet everywhere.
- Compatibility: You can install ExpressVPN on multiple devices and operating systems. It works on Windows, Linux, Mac, Chromebook, iOS, Android, Amazon Kindle Fire, and wireless routers, including Asus, DD-WRT, Linksys, D-Link, and more. It also supports streaming media consoles, including Amazon Fire TV, Playstation 3 and 4, Roku, Xbox One and 360, WD TV Live, and Boxee Box.
- ZERO Log Policy: In today’s world, many governments have implemented policies that allow them to have direct access to tech and IT companies’ servers. For example, the US government has implemented the PRISM program, enabling them to have access to tech companies’ servers. Express VPN operates under a zero log policy, which means the servers do not store your data, and no one can track you.
- Ease of Use: ExpressVPN has an intuitive and easy to use interface. It is easy to set up, straightforward to navigate, and you can get started in just a few minutes.
- Encryption: ExpressVPN has one of the strongest encryption you can find among VPN services. It uses a robust encryption system and ensures DNS and IP leak protection on devices it is activated. ExpressVPN uses AES 256-bit encryption, which is one of the strongest in keeping your systems free from cyber attacks. Also, its kill switch feature tremendously prevents data leaks.
- Twenty-four hours customer support: The VPN service offers 24/7 customer support through live chats and emails. Their customer support agents are friendly, insightful, and offer support in multiple languages.
How to get ExpressVPN free trial
Now that we have covered the needed basics, it’s time to uncover the way to hack money-back guarantee of ExpressVPN.
Here basically, you will be hacking the money-back guarantee offered by the provider to turn it into a completely free trial account. And in the end, get 30 days of quality VPN service without spending a dime ultimately. Follow these steps to avail free ExpressVPN trial.
The key here is making sure you remember to cancel the subscription before the 30 days are up. Setting up an alert on your mobile or computer for the payment due date would help.
1. Subscribing to ExpressVPN
Your 30 money-back guarantee starts when you subscribe to the service. So, subscribe to the service like every other paying customer to qualify for it.
- Navigate to ExpressVPN website www.expressvpn.com and click on the “Get ExpressVPN” button available there.
- Choose a package to subscribe to. ExpressVPN offers a 1-month, 15 months, and 6 months subscription plan. One month subscription plan is the cheapest plan you can pay one time but ultimately more expensive in the long run. However, the idea here is to get your money back. So it doesn’t really matter the plan you opt for. Just make sure to cancel your subscription before the one-month elapse, no matter the plan you choose. You will be refunded if you cancel the service before one month; otherwise, they’ll charge you.
- Enter your email address and select your preferred payment option. ExpressVPN boasts a flexible payment system where you can pay through PayPal, your credit and debit card, Bitpay, and even Bitcoin.
- Once done with paying for your selected subscription, you would receive a confirmation with your account details. The same email will have a link for changing your ExpressVPN password (if you wish so) alongside a big “Set Up ExpressVPN” button. The email will look like this.
- Click on the button; it will take you to the ExpressVPN dashboard where you could see your activation code. You could also locate individual links to VPN clients and manual set up guides for particular devices and operating systems. Click on the relevant link or button to install/configure ExpressVPN on your device.
- Once installed, the ExpressVPN client will ask for your activation code upon launching. That’s the same activation code you could see on your ExpressVPN dashboard.
- As soon as you enter your activation code, you will be logged in and ready to connect and start testing ExpressVPN out. Clicking on the connect button will connect you to the fastest VPN server available.
- Once your connection resolves, you will be all set to start enjoying your ExpressVPN account for 30 days and get your money back (given that you cancel on time).
Note: ExpressVPN does not offer a “completely free trial. ” The above-provided workaround gives you access to all that ExpressVPN offers. Meaning, your account won’t have any limitations on features, bandwidth, servers, or speed. But you must keep in mind that the money-back guarantee lasts precisely for 30 days. So, to be on the safe side, you should cancel your account on the 29th day of subscription and ask for a refund.
2. Canceling your subscription to get a full refund
Requesting your refund with ExpressVPN is easy as the company boasts a no-questions-asked policy for its money-back guarantee.
Below you go with simple steps to cancel your account and get your money back after using ExpressVPN for 30-days free:
- Log into your account at expressvpn.com and locate the “Subscription Settings” section where you would see your active subscriptions.
- Under “Subscription,” click on the “Manage” option.
- There you need to click on the line saying, “Turn off automatic renewal.” You will be asked to re-confirm your selection a couple of times before automatic renewal gets off. Please note that you do not even need to turn off the automatic renewal if you subscribed to a one-month plan.
- Now, you need to contact their customer support. The easiest way to connect with ExpressVPN customer service and request for a refund is to start a live chat with them. You can do that by clicking the green button available at the bottom right corner of the site, which reads, “Need help? Chat with us!” Clicking the button will launch a live chat window where you could ask for a refund without any hesitation. They might ask for your reason behind the cancellation, but that is only a formality. The chat support agent will soon confirm your cancellation has been sent to the billing department and that you will receive a full refund in about five to seven business days.
- That is it. All done! Now that you used ExpressVPN for 30-days already and submitted a money-back claim successfully, you only have to wait some days to get your paid money back and ultimately have your mission of getting a free ExpressVPN account achieved.
Benefits of a VPN
If you are fortunate to install a reputable VPN, you can enjoy many benefits and stealthy privacy. VPN offers an encrypted connection for your computers, and they help you bypass restrictions on the internet. Encryption would also enable you to overcome trackers and international surveillance. Furthermore, virtual private networks can also protect your data from leaks and abuses.
Here are some of the top reasons why you need a VPN:
1. Browse the web securely on public networks
You may be out shopping somewhere, in your hotel, or traveling to another destination. You notice a free WiFi for internet connection, and you decide to connect and start browsing. Did you know that hackers can steal your information when you use public WiFi? It is very risky to use public WiFI because of the dangers and risks associated with it. Without a VPN on your device, here are some risks you can face while using a Public WiFI:
- Anyone can pick up unencrypted browsing
- Malware from a router can get your system infected
- A free WiFi can create a fake connection and serve as a phishing tool
2. Bypass geo-restrictions
Do you want to watch Hulu, BBCiplayer, and Netflix but cannot do so from your location?
Location-based restriction can deprive you of having access to your favorite content on the internet. However, a quality VPN can enable you to bypass geo-blocking restrictions deployed by streaming sites.
3. Defeat censorship
Governments would usually ban certain contents on the internet, which would deprive you of gaining access to the information you need. A VPN can help you defeat oppressive government censorship, and access blocked websites and services over the internet.
4. Save money while shopping
Some eCommerce stores periodically list different prices of products and services based on your location. The solution to this is to use a VPN and change your location to any country of your choice and then shop to save money.
5. Internet traffic encryption
Intercepted data can lead to identity theft, malware attacks, unauthorized fund transfer, espionage, and so much more. A VPN creates a private, secure tunnel for you and sends your internet data through an encrypted connection. That means hackers and anyone spying on your cell phone or any other device could not get access to your data for illicit purposes.
Some jaw-dropping statistics backing the idea of regular VPN usage
Nearly every internet-connected device can be infiltrated and hacked. If you are an internet user, you should be deeply concerned about hacking activities in this digital age.
Here we talk about a few jaw-dropping statistics to illustrate the shocking impacts of hacking activities worldwide. These stats will clear why without a reputable VPN, your device can be susceptible to hackers.
- There is a hack attack every 39 seconds around the world.
- 1000,000 malware get created every day around the world.
- Cybercrime is more profitable than a global illicit drug deal. According to industry estimates, cybercriminals earned $600 billion in 2018 while the international illegal drug traders fetched $400 billion.
- It is estimated that hackers steal from someone at least once every 75 seconds around the world.
These stats are shocking, and you must install a quality antivirus application if you do not want to be a victim of cybercrime. Antivirus applications that have multifactor encryption and authentications are the biggest obstacle to Malware.
And of course, you must opt for using a reliable VPN service. Luckily for you, this write-up has taught you how to get a quality VPN, ExpressVPN, for free. Nothing should hold you back from securing your digital life.
ExpressVPN offers a full-fledged VPN service that can keep you protected on the internet. Now you know how to take advantage of the ExpressVPN money-back guarantee and get an ExpressVPN free trial.
Most VPN services do not offer a money-back guarantee, but this is not the case with ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN adopts a customer-centric model and therefore provides a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee to an unsatisfied customer. Many unscrupulous VPN providers would deceive customers with the promise of a money-back guarantee but fail to live up to their promise.
As per our VPN expert team’s experiences, many users who get their money back with free ExpressVPN account hack eventually end-up becoming a paid customer of the provider. That’s all because of the quality of its VPN service on offer and customer-centric attitude.
Feel free to share your thoughts if you ever used ExpressVPN. Or maybe you used this hack before to get a free ExpressVPN trial but ended up staying with it? Whatever your experience and thoughts about this VPN are, you are more than welcome to drop them in the comments section below.
About the author
Nwachukwu Glory is a writer, blogger, and tech nerd. She loves trying new gadgets that make life more fun ( and easier). Glory is passionate about digital security and privacy alongside browsing the World Wide Web without any limitations.