What is the Deep Web, and How Do You Access It?

Ademilade Shodipe Dosunmu  - Streaming Expert
Last updated: January 2, 2024
Read time: 16 minutes
Share

Understand what the deep web is, and how it differs from the dark web, and explore how to stay safe on the deep web.

One of the World Wide Web’s biggest mysteries is that, despite its unimaginably large size, we walk around with it in our hands. This massive size generally splits into three layers: the surface, deep, and dark web. You only need a search engine such as Google to access the surface, but the situation is very different for the deep web. Below, you’ll find everything you need to know about the deep web, including its size and how to access it.

Despite the internet’s massive size, only about 10% is the surface web. The remaining 90% of it constitutes the deep web and the dark web.

You might start wondering, “What is the surface web?” “What is the deep web?” and “What is the dark web?” The good news is that you’ve landed on the most comprehensive article explaining these concepts.

Continue reading below to learn about the deep web and how to access it for free in 2024.

What is the Deep Web?

The deep web refers to a section of the internet that you can’t access with standard search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. It includes password-protected webpages, dynamic and encrypted networks, content hidden behind paywalls, and the dark web.