WhatsApp is a widely used social media app in many countries except a select few, including China. The government uses Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) to screen and ban unwanted apps and internet activities while restricting internet traffic. As a result, WhatsApp users who travel to China may find it challenging to communicate. Thankfully, there is a reliable method to bypass this geo-restriction and unblock WhatsApp in China. If you guessed VPNs, you’re correct.
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) encrypt your online activities, making it impossible for your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or the Chinese government to monitor or block your online activities.
However, not all VPN services function effectively in China. For this reason, we have detailed the most reliable VPNs to help you use WhatsApp seamlessly in China. This guide answers your questions on how to unblock WhatsApp in China, choosing a VPN for WhatsApp in China, and alternatives to WhatsApp in China, among others.
A quick guide to using WhatsApp in China
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN. ExpressVPN is an excellent choice.
- Download and then install the VPN app on your device.
- Connect to a server from any country, like Japan.
- Opt for a server close to you for the best speeds.
- Use WhatsApp and enjoy texting your family, friends, and coworkers and making audio and video calls with them.