If there’s an era loaded with content options to watch in the comfort of our homes, that is the current time. We get it! With all the channels and streaming platforms available, one could think we have an immensity of alternatives, but what if this is only half the truth?
What if there’s a device with which you can access thousands of times more content?
The powerhouse of content creation is the United States, most of the content is produced and launched there, and the problem with this is only one; restrictions.
The USA is a country that takes very seriously complying with its rigid licensing, trades, and copyright agreements.
And to protect that, they block outsiders from accessing the content.
Undoubtedly, this has been a massive setback for thousands of people who want to stream content outside the US, especially the ones who want to use devices like Roku.
But worry no more! We’ve found a solution to this problem; buckle up as we unveil a quick and easy guide for watching Roku channels outside the US.
Quick steps to watch Roku Channel outside the US
Watching Roku Channel outside the US is easy if you use a reliable VPN service. Here’s a quick guide to unblocking Roku Channel using ExpressVPN.
- Get an ExpressVPN subscription. This VPN provider offers the best solution for unblocking geo-restricted content.
- Open a web browser on a device connected to your VPN router network and sign in to expressvpnrouter.com.
- Connect the router to the VPN server location in the US (preferably New York) and ensure that your Roku account location matches the VPN server location selected for your router.
- Go to Settings > Network > Set up connections on your Roku device. Select “Wired” if using an ethernet connection or “Wireless” when using WiFi. Roku will check for local WiFi networks.
- Choose a network associated with the router running ExpressVPN from the list that appears.
- Enter your WiFi password.
- Check if the status bar on your Roku reads “Connected.”
If you follow these seven simple steps, your Roku device will connect to a server in the US in no time. Consequently, you’ll be able to watch your favorite Roku Channels outside the US with ease.
Best VPNs to stream Roku Channel outside the USA – Quick list
This guide includes an in-depth review of the best VPNs for unblocking Roku Channel anywhere outside the US boundaries. However, below are quick overviews of each VPN for you.
- ExpressVPN: 94+ virtual server sites, 10Gbps speeds across 80% of their worldwide bandwidth, a powerful encryption system, and enormous device compatibility make ExpressVPN our winner.
- Private Internet Access (PIA): This provider ensures zero data or traffic registration, has fast average speeds, a vast number of servers, and shields users with ads and malware protection.
- NordVPN: Virtual or dual servers, split tunneling, and a kill switch feature that keeps the protection of data at all times, give NordVPN a well-deserved place on this list.
What is Roku?
Antony Wood is the mastermind behind this invention. In the mids of the ’90s, while recording his favorite TV show, he realized how bothering this was, having to do it manually and accumulating an extensive content collection each time.
His solution? What the world knows today as Roku devices.
The company debuted in 2002 with an operating system meant for TVs. Because of this, the television morphed, as the official website describes it,
“From a simple one-way receiver into an internet-enabled device connecting viewers to a growing library of content available online.”
With this invention, viewers didn’t have to turn to traditional paid TV services; instead, they could stream content from the internet, which, for 2002, was an enormous achievement.