Netflix, one of the most popular streaming services in the world, is set to lose its licensing rights for some of its biggest titles by 2023. This leaves many people wondering what their other options are for streaming content. Luckily, there are plenty of great alternatives out there that you can enjoy without having to break the bank. Keep reading to learn about 19 alternative options to Netflix you can enjoy in 2023.
Our top 10 Netflix alternatives
- Amazon Prime: This streaming service is hard to beat. In addition to popular movies and TV shows, it also features an extensive selection of original programming.
- Tubi: Fan of classics? And I want to watch a lot of movies. Tubi is for you, don’t go by the name; it has much to offer.
- Pluto TV: Best free Netflix alternative, monetized by the traditional monetization method–Ads. Enjoy unlimited movie streams without spending a single buck.
- Hulu: Best alternative to Netflix only if you are living in the US, Hulu has the most extensive collection of old and new shows, plus it’s ad-supported.
- Crackle: Watch Hollywood movies online for free, unedited and uncut. Choose from genres like Action, Horror, Sci-Fi, Crime, and Comedy without worrying about the quality.
- Vudu: The most comprehensive collection of 4K UHD titles, including over 200,000 new releases and catalog titles, will make your weekend more affordable.
- YouTube: Get access to the content of the best creators in the world, and upload your own videos – all from any known device available today.
- Amazon Freevee: Enjoy thousands of hit movies, TV shows, Freevee Originals, and live entertainment channels 24/7 without Netflix.
- Peacock TV: You can stream movies and TV shows, plus 300+ live TV channels, instantly, without a subscription.
- Kanopy: The Kanopy video streaming service offers access to over 30,000 independent and documentary films, as well as more than 500,000 eBooks, eAudiobooks, comics, and music.
Why you might want to switch from Netflix
During the last half-decade, Netflix has become one of the essential parts of our lives. It’s hard to remember when we couldn’t access its vast library of movies and TV shows. But as the saying goes, all good things must end. Netflix is not that good anymore for everyone. Here are a few reasons why you might want to switch from Netflix.