Due to rights and licensing restrictions, many streaming services lock their content to specific regions. RTL+ (formerly TV Now) is another streaming service unavailable to users outside Germany. So usually, you won’t be able to access your favorite content if you move or travel outside the country.
You can bypass geographic restrictions with a virtual private network (VPN) and access geo-blocked content. This online tool will assign you a German IP address when you connect to a German server. As a result, you can access TVNow.de content outside Germany. Besides, the VPN will encrypt your traffic to keep you safe online.
We tested dozens of providers to shortlist the best ones that can bypass TVNOW’s detection from anywhere. Read on to learn how to stream TVNOW as if you were in Germany.
A quick guide to using a VPN to unblock TVNow.de
- Choose a reliable VPN service that boasts servers in Germany. ExpressVPN is our #1 recommended option in this case.
- Download and install the suitable app for your operating system.
- Launch the app and connect to a German server.
- Clear the cache and cookies of your browser.
- Head to the TVNow.de website or the app and enjoy your favorite content.
Best VPNs for streaming RTL+ (TV Now) – Quick list
Check out this summary of the top VPNs to watch TV Now abroad:
- ExpressVPN – Our top recommendation for unblocking TVNow.de from anywhere outside Germany. It has fast servers and boasts highly secure encryption.
- Private Internet Access (PIA) – Unblocks TVNow.de outside Germany and supports ten simultaneous connections per subscription.
- NordVPN – Multiple servers in Germany to stream TVNow from abroad. Its apps are beginner-friendly and have 24/7 live support.
- Surfshark – It offers unlimited simultaneous connections, bypass TVNow blocks, and has user-friendly apps.
- CyberGhost – It offers dozens of servers in Berlin, Dusseldorf, and Frankfurt, and does not collect identifiable data of users.
How will a VPN enable you to access TV Now outside Germany?
TVNow.de, rebranded as RTL+ in 2021, is a rich streaming service providing quality German entertainment to binge-watchers. However, as mentioned earlier, TV Now restricts its content to Germany because of copyright laws. So, the streaming service will deny you access to the website or app if you are outside Germany based on your IP address. You can change your IP address in various ways, but a virtual private network is the most effective method.
A VPN will route your connection through an encrypted server and assign you a new German IP address. As a result, TVNow will see that your traffic originates from Germany and won’t enforce geo-restrictions.
Sometimes your DNS request can leak accidentally, and your internet service provider (ISP) or TVNow blocks your connection. Fortunately, the VPN services in this article have multiple servers in Germany. So, you will only need to switch the servers with a click of a button if your connection is blocked.
TVNow.de does not encourage changing IP addresses and reviews its anti-VPN technology regularly. So this means that only premium VPNs can bypass the restrictions. For example, our number one recommendation here, ExpressVPN, enables us to unblock TVNow effortlessly and stream content in UltraHD without lags or buffering. Also, the company adds a new IP address to the database, so you won’t get blocked easily. Although its plans are slightly expensive, you can start with the risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
The best VPNs to stream TV Now abroad today – Detailed list
Many VPNs boast servers in Germany today. However, we finalized the five best providers for watching TVNow.de abroad based on strict criteria. Below you go with details about each.
Our #1 pick for TVNow. Unblocks Netflix, TVNow.de, BBC iPlayer, and many more. Extremely user-friendly and fast. Highly secure and offers 24/7 support with up to 5 simultaneous connections.
- Bypasses TVNow.de restrictions
- Unlimited bandwidth for streaming
- High-level encryption
- Slightly expensive
ExpressVPN is our number one choice for streaming TV Now outside Germany. It has servers in Frankfurt, Nuremberg, and Darmstadt, which will assign you a German IP address to watch TVNow.de from abroad.
Besides Germany, the company runs a massive server network in more than 94 countries. This will enable you to access blocked content worldwide on streaming services such as Netflix, Hotstar, BBC iPlayer, etc. In addition, it has unlimited bandwidth, so you are unlikely to suffer buffering or lags.
The VPN works well with all the major operating systems for all-inclusive protection, with apps for Windows, macOS, Android, Linux, and iOS. Thankfully, all the apps are effortless to use, regardless of your device. Also, you can connect up to five devices simultaneously on a single account.