However, not everybody loves Instagram. System admins in schools, universities, many corporations, and places of work invest a lot of attention in blocking Instagram. And some governments in the world also make an effort to keep Instagram at bay. (China comes to mind, but it’s not the only one.)
But if you are an Instagram user who wants to keep up to date about every picture, story, and message you can get on this network, there’s good news for you. Not only you will be able to get Instagram unblocked, a good VPN service will go around even the tightest restriction you can imagine. So, if you need your Instagram fix guaranteed, with a top-notch VPN, you’ll never miss an update again, wherever you are, whatever the blocks in place.
Top VPN for Instagram – Quick list
Our staff tested many VPNs in the market to determine the best five options for Instagram access. We will describe each one in full detail in this article. But if you are already conversant with VPN lore or don’t have the time to read everything, here’s our quick list.
- ExpressVPN. The biggest name in VPN-land delivers the goods where Instagram is concerned better than anybody else. It’s our top choice.
- Private Internet Access. The VPN with the largest server network by far is also very user-friendly and fully committed to user privacy.
- NordVPN. An excellent VPN that works hard to lead the industry with the most updated technology and many exciting extra features.
- Surfshark. The VPN offers the best value for money, with no device limit and great functionality.
- AtlasVPN. Not the biggest name on our list, but an excellent option nevertheless. It has a fully functional free service, a rarity.
How to use Instagram through a VPN
Taking your first steps into the VPN-verse to unblock Instagram couldn’t be easier. It takes a handful of actions only. Here’s how you should proceed.
- Choose a VPN from our list. ExpressVPN is the best, Surfshark fits into any budget, and AtlasVPN has a free program. But either option will work.
- Search and find the app your chosen VPN offers for your platform (Android, iOS) and install it.
- Launch your VPN app. Log in using your account’s credentials.
- Pick a server in any location you like.
- Once you’re online through your VPN’s network, open your Instagram and start navigating normally.
Still facing problems? Clear your browser’s cookies and cache, and try again if you still can’t see Instagram. If the block remains effective, ask your VPN for help.
The best VPNs for Instagram in 2023
Any decent VPN will unblock Instagram on most of the world’s local networks. But there is one tough cookie: China. Bypassing the Great Firewall of China is no mean feat, and only the best China VPNs in the industry can manage such a feat.
Here is our list of the top five options that serve as a secure VPN to use Instagram.
Our top pick VPN for using Instagram. It has unique security and privacy features with blazing-fast servers.
- Apps with a user-friendly interface
- Maintains high-level security and privacy
- Large global server network
- Big-budget VPN
ExpressVPN is the service we can recommend as the best one for Instagram. It’s no surprise since we often find that it’s the best VPN in the industry for any task you could have in mind.
The encryption algorithms in ExpressVPN combine the strictest security with the latest technology so that you can have security and performance in the same package.
The ExpressVPN server network includes more than 3,000 servers in 94 countries, giving you plenty of choices. In addition, the “Smart Location” feature finds the best possible service you can use at any given time and links your device to it.
Were you looking for a VPN that can beat the Great Firewall of China? This one does. You don’t need to tweak anything or use any particular setup out of the box. It just works.
ExpressVPN has a kill switch (called “Network Lock“) that pulls your device offline if the secure VPN tunnel is lost.