VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) ensure that all the incoming and outgoing traffic of a given device is routed through an encrypted tunnel. It’s easy to say, but the process is complex and powerful. The encryption scrambles your data so nobody can see what you’re doing.
That keeps you safe from your ISP, government, and cyber criminals. They won’t be able to keep track of your digital life or come up with a digital fingerprint for you. Also, a VPN will enable you to access unavailable websites because of location-based restrictions. The best VPNs will even allow you to have a “normal” internet experience from the most repressive digital environments, such as China, Iran, and similar countries.
This article shows you a selection of the industry’s top VPN services you can use from Ukraine (or as if you were in Ukraine, being elsewhere). These VPNs have extensive networks with a wide variety of servers. Also, they will allow you to have a Ukrainian IP number regardless of your physical location.
Top 5 Ukrainian VPNs – Quick list
In the rest of this text, we will explain our top five choices in full detail. But if all you need is the gist of the thing, then here’s our quick list.
- ExpressVPN: Our top choice. A VPN that gives you speeds, security, privacy, and everything you could expect from the best VPN service.
- NordVPN: A close second choice that is also at the top of the industry. NordVPN is an excellent VPN for any task you could have in mind, and the Ukrainian use case is not an exception.
- Surfshark: A market disruptor. Surfshark offers everything you can find in costly VPN services at a fraction of the price. In short, it is a premium VPN that can fit into any budget.
- PureVPN: Another good VPN to use if you are in Ukraine or want to pretend you are. It is one of the few VPNs that has an Apple TV app.
How we picked our top five VPNs for Ukraine
The VPN market is fraught with choices, and their ads would have you believe that every service is good enough to be at the industry’s top. Don’t believe everything you read. As happens with every market, a few products are at the top of the curve, most are average, and a few are awful.
So what makes an excellent VPN service to use in Ukraine in 2023? We used the following criteria to choose our top five choices:
- The VPN network is extensive, with plenty of servers all over the globe. Nodes located in Ukraine are a big plus.
- The VPN’s servers can unblock the most popular video streaming platforms.
- Supports BitTorrent and P2P networks.
- The encryption in the servers is military-grade.
- Supports several concurrent connections to the VPN with a single account.
- The customer service is excellent.
- It protects user privacy by sticking to a strict zero-logs policy.
- It has apps and software clients available for the leading operating systems, mobile and desktop.
The best five VPNs for Ukraine in 2023
Now that you know the criteria to identify the best Ukraine VPN providers, how can you simultaneously tell the difference between the best and the rest? Does it mean you must spend the rest of your life researching the best service providers?
Not really. Telling the wheat from the chaff in the VPN-verse needs time, attention, dedication, expertise, and resources. But our staff knows and has worked hard to find the best VPNs you can use from Ukraine. That’s our job to save you from all the hassle.
So without further ado, here is our list of the best services to get a reliable Ukraine VPN server address for different purposes.
This industry veteran never misses to secure users’ privacy in repressive regions. Hence, you can use it with trust even in Ukraine.
- Blazing fast speeds
- Supports stealth browsing
- Works great in Ukraine
- Unblocks all major geo-restricted websites
- Relatively expensive subscription plans
The biggest name in the VPN-verse was our preferred VPN for Ukraine in 2023. It’s no surprise.
ExpressVPN offers reliable and fast-speed connections. Hence, it’s suitable for high-quality video streaming. Also, it supports BitTorrent and other P2P networks and offers many additional features that increase the value you get with your subscription.
The server network spans 94 countries, with over three thousand servers, some of which are within Ukraine. So you can torrent away your bandwidth at your discretion. Moreover, it is one of the best VPNs for unblocking video streaming platforms like Netflix, HBO Max, and Hulu; they all work well with ExpressVPN.
This VPN also scores high on privacy and security. Encryption is the military-grade AES-256 standard. In addition, the apps include a kill switch (Network Lock), and they prevent every known kind of IP leak. In other words, even if your link to the VPN server is lost, you will never broadcast an unencrypted data package to the internet or reveal your actual IP address.