Virtual Private Networks and online privacy are two ideas that go hand in hand in the minds of many internet users. But are all VPNs best for ensuring online privacy? Maybe not!
For instance, the business model of many VPNs involves logging their users’ activities and selling them to their commercial partners. Such a VPN service is lethal for your privacy, even if it gives you the desired service.
So let’s face it, not every VPN in the industry prioritizes user security and privacy.
But then, which VPN vendors respect my privacy? We hear you ask. Keep reading as this article give you the list of the best five VPNs you can trust in 2022.
Top privacy VPNs – quick list
If you’re short on time to know the insights of the best privacy VPNs, then here we quickly list the top service providers for you.
- NordVPN: NordVPN is our top pick as the best privacy VPN. It’s the industry’s foremost service provider for online security.
- Surfshark: This relatively new provider has turned the market upside down by offering top-notch service for a significantly reduced price.
- ExpressVPN: Delivers outstanding performance as a VPN that offers good privacy features.
- Private Internet Access (PIA): One of the most popular VPNs globally, well known for their commitment to privacy.
- SaferVPN: A VPN focused on ease of use that, nevertheless, keeps privacy as a priority.
How are the best VPNs for privacy distinct?
A VPN service worth the name must perform two tasks without any problems.
First, it must encrypt all the traffic going out of your device (whether it’s a computer, a tablet, or a smartphone) and route it through a secure tunnel in one of the servers in the VPN network. Second, it must show the world an IP address that belongs to the VPN network instead of yours. Nobody should know your actual IP address when connected to the VPN. That’s what the service should do.