Do you use VPNs for online subscriptions? Now you’ll wonder what the point of having a VPN at this point is. Yes, we all know about encrypted traffic and IP spoofing that can bring your online security and privacy to an entirely different level. But let’s take one of those advantages: changing your IP address allows you to present yourself as if you were in another country. This trick enables you to do a lot of digital magic, including lower costs while shopping online. That VPN helps you save money on various subscriptions or purchases.
Every country’s economy is different, so the pricing spectra in each are different. For example, it’s not the same to pay for video streaming services, video games, flight tickets, hotel bookings, and restaurant reservations in Costa Rica as in Switzerland. However, with some expertise, you can use your VPN to arbitrate your purchases and save money online. It’s a speedy process, and we think you’ll love it!
If you still lack that bit of expertise to do this, then keep reading. We’re about to reveal the secrets of saving money online with a VPN.
How do I save money on subscriptions with a VPN?
Using your VPN to save money is pretty straightforward. You start with picking a VPN server and installing the relevant software you’ll need on your chosen device. After that, it only takes a heartbeat before you can start saving a lot of your hard-earned money online! We will offer you detailed information later in this text, but if you are in a rush and want the gist, here it goes.
Using a VPN – The quick guide
- Pick a VPN vendor. ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN for most things. It has fantastic speeds and servers available almost everywhere, among many other advantages.
- Download the software that your chosen VPN provider offers for your platform.
- Launch your VPN software.
- Log in to the VPN network. Choose a VPN server. The important thing is to pick a country where you can pay less for a given product or service — more on that later.
- Hit “Connect.”
So, congratulations, now you’re online with your VPN! Now you can have a VPN from any country in your VPN’s network, and we’re about to show you how that will save you a bit of cash.
Save money with a VPN on video streaming services
We will show you how to pay less for your Netflix monthly fee. However, this procedure is not limited to Netflix discounts. You can also use it with many other video streaming platforms once you know what to do.
Before we spill the beans, let’s take a moment to consider the context. First, Netflix knows that there are VPNs out there that are challenging its business model. That’s why it’s spending a lot of effort blocking as many VPNs as possible. Additionally, you could get banned if caught using a VPN on Netflix. So keep this in mind and be careful.
So let’s move on to saving money.
- Start by finding out the cost of Netflix in your country. For example, if you’re in the US, that will be about 18 USD.
- Use your VPN or connect to a country with the cheapest Netflix fees. In this case, Argentina is the winner, so choose a VPN server there.
- You’ll need a payment method, and you’ll have two options: either you have an Argentinian credit or debit card, or you pay with a Netflix Gift code. So go online and buy one of those and have it ready.
- Open up a new Netflix account from Argentina, using the gift code to pay for it. You’ll save about 17 USD each month!
Are you a YouTube Premium enthusiast? The same principle applies!
Save some money on your flight ticket using your VPN
So you’re going away on holiday and would like to save a bit on your fights? Your VPN will help you with that as well. Flight tickets are very volatile products. The prices are constantly going up and down depending on domestic demand.
This case is different from the Netflix one. There is not a single country that will always guarantee the lowest possible prices on flight tickets. So what you will need to do instead is to explore the market using VPNs from several countries to see how prices currently vary from one country to the next. Lower-income countries usually have meager prices in this category, but sometimes the British market is the cheapest. So you will need to spend some time researching, but if you dig around deep enough, you’ll find that ticket you want and save a lot of your money simultaneously.
Here’s a recipe you can try on flights:
- Go to Skyscanner. Provide the website with the details of that trek you wish. See the cost in your local currency.
- Close the browser and connect to your VPN.
- Open your browser again, and return from Sky scanner. Now provide the exact traveling details and repeat the search.
- Compare the flight prices.
- Repeat the process until you find a discount you like!