PandaVPN is a relatively new entrant in the VPN industry. It is operated by Panda Security, a renowned IT solutions company, which confirms it is a legitimate service. One of its biggest perks is the extensive network with servers worldwide. Besides, some of its servers offer reliable connections, and the drop in your speed will be barely noticeable.
The VPN guarantees to keep you safe and maintain your online privacy. It is compatible with all operating systems, meaning you can use it on all of your devices.
So, is PandaVPN worth giving a try? Read this unbiased review of PandaVPN to find out what it offers.
Short on time? Here are our PandaVPN key findings
- Extensive network – Surprisingly, PandaVPN has a large network with servers in different locations worldwide.
- Advanced security – The service safeguards your connections and data with ECC encryption. Although not commonly used in the VPN industry, it is safe enough to keep off intruders.
- Impressive speeds – PandaVPN offers incredible upload and download speeds. It is enough for most tasks, and you won’t suffer buffering or lagging.
- Compatibility – Offers apps for all major devices. Unfortunately, the VPN allows you to connect only three devices simultaneously.
PandaVPN Pros and Cons
- Unlimited bandwidth – It does not limit bandwidth or data, so you can surf the internet and perform other activities without restrictions.
- Free version – You can easily use PandaVPNPro for free, although it has certain limitations.
- Antivirus – This unique feature will protect your devices from all common viruses.
- Poor customer support – We tried to contact them through live chat and email but couldn’t get a prompt response.
- Limited money-back guarantee – You will only have seven days to test the service risk-free. This is very low compared to its rivals, like CyberGhost VPN, which offer up to 45 days.
|Server network||3000+ servers in 80 countries|
|Logging policy||Explicit zero-logs|
|Simultaneous connections||Three devices|
|Money-back guarantee||7-day money-back guarantee|
Speed is a crucial factor to consider when shopping around for a VPN service. However, remember that using a VPN will affect your speeds because of encrypted connections. PandaVPN manages the impact to provide remarkable speeds.
While testing PandaVPN for this review, our initial speed was 69.45Mbps before connecting to the VPN. Then, upon manually binding to a nearby server, the speed only dropped to 63.78 Mbps, which is impressive. Generally, a closer server produces better speeds than a distant one because of the span your traffic has to travel.
Alternatively, you can use the Smart Location feature to connect automatically to the most optimal server.
Is the speed enough for torrenting and gaming?
These two activities are data-intensive and require sufficient speed to work. In theory, PandaVPN’s speed looks excellent, but it couldn’t handle the games we tested. In addition, it couldn’t load torrent files in a reasonable timeframe.