The FIFA World Cup always creates a lot of curiosity and excitement. The Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup event is no exception, and it’s probably generated even more interest to watch for a variety of reasons:
- It will surely be the last one for Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
- The defending champion, France, keeps the same team with the addition of Karim Benzema, probably the world’s best striker and winner of this year’s golden ball.
- We have had to wait for more than the usual four years.
The next World Cup will start on November 21st, so the players can avoid facing the desertic heat of the summer in Qatar. Hence, so the world’s fans have been waiting for six extra months to get their fix on FIFA World Cup Football.
The World Cup is probably the world’s most popular sporting event. Football Soccer is a global sport, and this is its most significant competition. However, many fans worldwide won’t be able to see the World Cup. For instance, a newly arrived worker in the US from El Salvador can’t access his home stream. Or a German tourist in India will be looking for an online stream showing the matches.
We have good news for all those people. Each adverse scenario has a solution so that no person in the world misses a Word Cup match as long as they have internet access. A good VPN is the most versatile solution, and we’ll tell you how to use it to solve your World Cup problem wherever you are in the world.
Watch the FIFA World Cup online for free (quick guide)
The World Cup started on November 21st in Qatar instead of May or June, which have been the usual beginning months in the past. Choosing these dates avoids the summer desert heat during the competition. And even then, the stadia will be air-conditioned so that the players’ health won’t be at risk. So if you need to find out how to watch the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup online for free, you’ve arrived at the right article!
The internet will be fraught with online streams as the World Cup begins. However, only some will be reliable. Others will be available only in some countries. But you’ll be sure to enjoy the match you want if you follow these steps:
- Sign up for a VPN account with one of the best providers. ExpressVPN is our #1 recommended option, Surfshark or NordVPN will do, too.
- Find the software your VPN vendor provides in your preferred app store (Apple or Google) or the provider’s website if you use a Windows, macOS, or Linux computer instead of a mobile device. Download and install it.
- Launch your VPN app or client.
- Log in using your new account’s credentials.
- Pick a server within the VPN network. First, choose a server in a country where your desired stream is available. If you want a suggestion, connect to a UK server.
- Now visit the BBC iPlayer website, which will show British users the whole World Cup for free.
Top ways to watch the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup from anywhere
If Qatar 2022 is on your mind as you find yourself stranded in a random place of the world, and you don’t want to miss that particular match, you have three options available:
- Find a local stream. Almost every country in the world will have World Cup streams available. So you will have good chances to find a local stream wherever you are.
- See the local TV. Most countries will have at least one local network broadcasting some World Cup fixtures. So if you’re in a hotel, you could turn on your TV or go to a local bar to see the current match.
- Use a VPN to watch a stream from overseas. The two previous options can’t guarantee that you will have access to some matches. Only some networks in the world have the rights for every game, or maybe a given fixture doesn’t create enough local interest for a stream to go online. This is when a good VPN makes all the difference. It’s the most versatile and robust solution.
When will I need a VPN to see a World Cup Match?
Once the World Cup begins, there will be no shortage of streams to see it. However, that doesn’t mean that you will have access to them. Licensing limitations mean a given network or website can only show the event in a specific country.
Therefore, geography is destiny. Your physical location decides the streams you can watch (unless you have a VPN).
So you could find yourself trapped in a scenario in which you won’t be able to see your preferred match unless you have a top-notch VPN available:
- Nobody has the right to show the game you want in the country where you are.
- Football streams are entirely blocked in your location.
- You want to see a match in a particular language or broadcasted by a specific network.
Using a VPN to watch live FIFA World Cup matches: A step-by-step guide
If you are in one of those situations where you won’t be able to see that game you wanted without a VPN and wondering how to use a VPN to watch sports, don’t worry. It’s easy to do, and in this section, we will take you through the complete process, step by step.
- Select a top-notch VPN service and sign up for a new account. The best VPNs to watch video streams from overseas are ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN, so these would be the best options for seeing the World Cup.
- Get your VPN software. If you are using a mobile device, open the app store relevant to you (Google or Apple) and search for your VPN’s name. Install the app. On the other hand, if you will be using a computer to watch the World Cup, then point your browser to your VPN’s website to find and download the VPN client you’ll need in Windows, macOS, or Linux. Find it, download it, and install it.
- Launch your VPN software and log in using the credentials you gathered in the first step.
- Pick a server from your VPN’s server network and connect to it. Ensure that the server you use is based in the country where the stream you want is available. If you are undecided, then connect to a UK server. UK users can watch the whole World Cup using the BBC iPlayer.
- Point your web browser to the BBC iPlayer Website. If you don’t have a free account, don’t worry. Just sign up for one. Now you can pick the stream you want to see and start watching!