Businesses handle sensitive information that they must protect in the face of modern adversities like hacking, spying, and data theft. With the Covid-19 outbreak, more companies are shifting their operations online while employees are working remotely from home. This is why every business should find a way to protect its data and resources. The best way to do so is to use a virtual private network (VPN).
Some VPNs are designed explicitly for the general public, while others are suited for businesses and corporations. These business VPNs typically offer dedicated IP addresses and servers, unlike consumer VPNs.
In this guide, we’ll look at the best VPNs for businesses, why businesses need to use VPNs, criteria for choosing a business VPN, and much more.
Quick summary of the top business VPNs
- NordLayer – Our number one recommended VPN. Specially designed for businesses, centralized dashboard, massive server network, comprehensive no-logs policy.
- Perimeter 81 Business VPN – Capable servers, fast and reliable connections, handles all types of traffic.
- ExpressVPN – Most robust solution for organizations employing remote workers and for single business users. Offers superior servers, military-grade encryption, zero-logs policy.
- Encrypt.me Business VPN – Unlimited simultaneous connections, compatible with major platforms, content filtering.
- VyprVPN – Owns the entire server network, dedicated account manager, 10 simultaneous connections, NAT firewall.
- Twingate – Single entry point, web-based admin console, remote access, AES 256-bit encryption.
- Torguard – AES 128/256-bit encryption, stealth feature, compatibility across devices, extensive server network, 24/7 customer support.
Best VPNs for business
A VPN is an essential tool to have for any business. While there are many providers in the market, not every service is suitable for businesses. We ranked our best business VPNs based on the following factors:
- Speed and stability
- Strong security
- Offer services to business
- Apps for operating systems
Undoubtedly the best VPN for small and large businesses. The VPN protects business networks against cyber threats and facilitates secure remote working environments.
- Easy to use
- 24/7 live chat
- Top-notch privacy and security
- Some servers do not support kill switch mode
NordVPN is one of the most popular brands in the VPN industry. Besides offering services to general consumers, it also has a robust solution for businesses dubbed NordLayer (formerly NordVPN Teams). This is a business-oriented VPN service with high-quality features and outstanding performance.
It makes everything more manageable with the centralized dashboard and dedicated account manager. This will allow you to control permissions and manage user accounts. The VPN has well-designed apps for all popular devices such as iOS, Windows, Android, and macOS. In addition, it is also compatible with OneLogin, Okta, GSuite, and Azure. You will also get priority support at any time if you face any issues.
The provider is constantly expanding its network by adding more servers and locations. Currently, it is one of the biggest providers in terms of server numbers. There is a dedicated server for internal use, and each account is assigned a dedicated IP address.
NordLayer comes with plenty of security features to protect your business’s data and other resources. They include AES 256-bit encryption, perfect forward secrecy, double data encryption, and much more. Even if malicious actors successfully intercept your traffic, they won’t be able to decrypt and read the data. The comprehensive zero-logs policy clearly states that the provider does not keep any logs. These claims have been verified by PricewaterhouseCoopers AG Switzerland, a reputable audit firm.
NordLayer offers an automatic kill switch to protect your privacy all the time. It will stop traffic flow from your device as soon as it detects your VPN connection is dropping.
2. Perimeter 81 Business VPN
The best business VPN from a professional cloud and network security company. Its end-to-end encryption fends off any probable network intrusions.
- Dedicated management console
- Seamless scaling
- Customizable plans
- Limits number of teams
Perimeter 81 is perhaps the best VPN for all types of businesses. It comes with three plans that you can choose depending on your team’s requirements and size. Employees can use numerous devices and switch between them wherever. This is a powerful VPN platform with business-tailored features.
One of the most striking features is the zero-trust network. It offers secure access to web applications and prevents data loss without compromising efficiency. Furthermore, it provides one complete security platform easily manageable from the cloud. This helps to reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO).