It sounds like a great idea to spend your leisure time with family while watching your favorite American TV shows or movies. But, this is not usually possible without paying extra charges to your services provider. Thankfully, Netflix is now there with an unlimited saga of enjoyment that won’t let you get bored during holidays. With a single subscription, you can enjoy unlimited streaming of your favorite media on Netflix on a Smart TV as well.
What makes this streaming platform desirable is its colossal content library, including millions of online television series, movies, and your favorite talk shows.
However, the US Netflix is not officially available in many countries, including the United Kingdom. That means, if you’re a US subscriber to Netflix but have traveled outside the American boundaries, you can’t watch your favorite movies and shows on this platform. And if you’re someone not residing within the US, you have no straightforward means to watch American content on Netflix.
Does it mean you’re going to miss out on all the fun for good? Not Really!
Today, we share how to get American Netflix on Smart TV in 2021. After going through this guide, you will be able to stream all your desired shows and movies using your Netflix account, regardless of your current location.
A quick guide to unblocking US Netflix on a Smart TV anywhere
While there are many methods to watch your desired Netflix content, the quickest workaround is using a VPN.
This tool amazingly changes your virtual location to your preferred region, thereby lifting all geo-restrictions.
So, without ado, here are the steps you should follow to stream your favorite content on Smart TV via Netflix.
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN service provider. It should ideally offer fast-speed servers with reliable connectivity and plenty of locations in the USA – NordVPN is our number one recommendation here.
- Download the VPN app on your device. Ideally, look for the app for Smart TV if the provider supports it. For instance, NordVPN does offer dedicated apps for Smart TVs. Yet, if that’s not doable, download the VPN client on your router.
- Install the VPN on your device. If you face any trouble, feel free to contact the service’s support team.
- Connect to a US location server. Look for the one that exhibits steady speeds with less network load.
- Start streaming Netflix on Smart TV. You should now be able to unblock American content.
Recommended read: How to install VPN on a smart TV.
Why is Netflix not available the same way globally?
Netflix has arguably become the best online streaming platform. Since its inception in 1997, the popularity of Netflix has grown immensely. As of October 2021, Netflix boasts roughly 214 million subscribers globally, with a meaningful presence in over 190 countries (excluding China, where you have to struggle to access this platform. Check our detailed guide to unblocking Netflix in China if you’re eager to learn about it.).
Nearly all your preferred content is available on Netflix, hence making it a must-watch for everyone. Sadly, not everyone is in a position to enjoy unlimited movies and films on this platform due to licensing and copyright issues.
Briefly, Netflix enters into an agreement with regions for streaming certain media following the regions’ local laws. Likewise, the content producers also bind the platform to distribute content to specific countries. That’s why you cannot always watch a particular movie or TV show unless you are in the permitted region. (For the same reason, you can not watch Netflix USA outside the US unless you know the trick for it.)
Anyway, that’s a thing of the past, don’t worry about it anymore! Through this article, you will find out how to get American Netflix on Smart TV for free!
Best ways to watch American Netflix on a Smart TV
Though there is no direct method to unblock your preferred Netflix USA content on Smart TV, you always have a workaround. So, below we describe four truly effective methods in achieving your purpose.
- Using a router (VPN Router to be specific)
- Using a Smart TV with Android or Amazon Operating System
- Sharing your computer’s VPN connection With Smart TV
- Utilizing a Smart DNS proxy
But before we start, here are some apparent prerequisites: