It’s no news that online fraud and security threats are on the rise in countries worldwide, and Europe is no exception to this. And although Europe isn’t overly restricting website contents, some countries block specific contents that are deemed unsuitable for public consumption.
For instance, Germany and France restrict hate speech. Sweden, on its part, requires ISPs to block contents containing racial agitation, rebellion, copyright infringement, underage victims, and illegal descriptions of violence.
Hence, to protect your online activities against the government and ISP tracking, you need a VPN. But that is not all a VPN does. It also unblocks restricted contents.
Just as long as your VPN provider boasts servers in European countries, you can watch your favorite shows ranging from the premier league and champion league to regular content on Netflix, Amazon, or Amazon Prime Video. Also, a VPN can hide your IP address, making it appear as though you are in another country.
This article provides a complete detailed analysis of the seven best Europe VPNs that offer maximum security and safety to users anywhere in the EU region.
The quick list of top VPNs for Europe
Short on time? No problem. Below we provide you with the quick overview of the best Europe VPNs out there.
- NordVPN: Our number one recommendation here. The VPN boasts super-fast speed and has incredible geo-unblocking capacities, enabling users to access local and international content from within and outside Europe.
- Private Internet Access: PIA has strong encryption. When combined with its automatic kill switch and several other features, your online safety and security are secured while surfing, streaming, or torrenting.
- Surfshark: This VPN is ideal for online users looking to save some without compromising their privacy and security. It offers low-priced annual subscription fees along with an outstanding level of online protection and unlimited connection.
- ExpressVPN: It has excellent and broad server coverage, fast connection speed, and a reliable unblocking ability, as well as quality app support.
- Private VPN: Although we cannot compare Private VPN to other services on this list, it’s still a great choice to consider. It has several servers in Europe, offers speed connections, and can unblock geo-restricted contents without issues.
- PureVPN: Like the others, Pure VPN is among the best European VPN featuring super-fast speed and high-level encryption while also offering top-notch privacy and security.
- IPVanish: If you require a VPN that boasts a high connection limit, robust security features, and a lightweight app, then IPVanish is your best bet. This VPN has a strict no-log policy. It also allows you to select from its hundreds of servers available across Europe.
How to use a VPN in Europe
- Subscribe to a VPN service provider (our most preferred choice is NordVPN).
- Install the chosen VPN app on your device.
- Log into the VPN service.
- Choose a VPN server outside the European region to access blocked contents and sites outside of Europe, or select a VPN server within Europe to protect your online activities. Also, if you are outside Europe and wish to access geo-restricted European content, choose a VPN server in Europe.
- That is it. Now you can start streaming and enjoy the internet at full safely!
Criteria for ranking VPN providers
While ranking the VPN services on this list, we considered the following factors:
- Killswitch: A kill switch automatically disconnects you from the internet. This prevents data leaks in case your VPN connection goes down.
- Zero-logs policy: Service providers with log free VPN in Europe conceals your identity so efficiently, it will seem like you were never there.
- Worldwide server network: The more servers there are across the world, the more access you will get to geo-restricted content. fortunately, all the VPNs reviewed in this article can bypass any geo-block.
- Privacy and security level of VPN: To achieve the best result, select a VPN that offers 256-bit encryption. All VPNs that made this list take privacy and security very seriously.
- Rate of connection speed: If you love online gaming, large torrenting, or streaming in HD, then a high-speed connection is a top priority. A VPN with a highspeed connection means less lagging, buffering, and better image and video quality.
- Level of customer support: An ideal VPN service provider should have robust customer support. This enables users’ reach out when they encounter any problem. Fortunately, all VPNs listed in this article all have an excellent customer support system.
Comparison of the 7 best VPNs for Europe
|Servers in Europe||2700||3512||600||60+||Exact number not listed||3052||533|
|Contract length||One-24 months||One-36 months||One-24 months||One-14 months||One-12 months||One-12 months||One-12 months|
|IP addresses||Dynamic and dedicated||Dynamic||Dynamic and dedicated||Dynamic||Dynamic||Dynamic and dedicated||Dynamic|
|Five eyes, nine eyes, and 14 eyes member||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes|
The best VPNs For Europe: Full analysis
Although Europe isn’t in the same category as China and Australia regarding internet restrictions, it’s still important to protect yourself online when using a public hotspot or WiFi network, even when you are browsing within the safety of your home.
There are always cyber hackers and attackers lurking around, waiting to take advantage of any vulnerability. And when they detect a loophole in your security, they can track your online activities and access your information.
This is why we cannot overemphasize the importance of a VPN. It is the best way to ensure your online privacy and safety. After much search and testing, we have come up with the seven best VPNs for Europe. Here is a detailed analysis of each VPN service provider: