- Google One, the search giant's cloud storage service, is ready to roll out its own VPN service in the U.S. in the coming weeks.
- The VPN service will be initially available on the Google One Android App and expand to iOS, Windows, and Mac in the next few months.
- Users will have access to the VPN and Pro Sessions along with 2 TB of storage, costing $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year.
Google, which is the center point of information today, now brings the users with its very own VPN by Google One. On its initial release, which is expected in the coming weeks, the newly announced VPN service will only be available for Android users. And also only the ones living in the U.S.
After the initial roll-out in the U.S. for Android devices, the search giant has plans to gradually introduce its VPN service to iOS, Windows and Mac. Over time, tt will also be expanding the service worldwide.
What to know about Google One’s VPN?
Google One is a subscription service that offers expanded cloud storage. Google cloud platform will now provide VPN services to its users with an extra layer of online protection for the Android phone for the 2 TB service subscription.
But or now, Google One will give free VPN services to any 2 TB Google One cloud storage subscribers in the U.S. only.
The Cloud Storage platform will be rolling out Pro Sessions that will allow the users to learn more about VPNs and how to stay safe online via one-on-one online sessions with a Google expert.
Other benefits that add to the 2 TB service include a 10% Google store rewards alongside the ability to let five different people use the VPN with one subscription.
Google One VPN comes will three subscription choices with both monthly and yearly payment options. The 2 TB will cost $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year.
Like other VPNs, the VPN by Google One will hide your IP address, preventing third parties from accessing your location and protecting against hackers on unsecured networks. Google One is set to use advanced security protocols that will eliminate the threat of anyone trying to tie the user’s online activity to their identity.
How to enable Google VPN
As noted earlier, the initial launch of VPN by Google One will be available through the android app. Enabling it is easy:
- Open the Google One app on your Android
- Toggle the VPN option there (you would be able to find that on the homepage of your Google One)
- That is it. All of the internet traffic on your phone (both incoming and outgoing) is now encrypted
With this new VPN by Google One, the search giant seems to be taking one step further to broaden its cloud storage platform. For now, it will be available in the U.S. along with the U.K., Germany, Canada, and Australia.
Google One will be offering limited appointments to its 2 TB users for Pro Sessions and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.